Pocket knifes again,

JayinNY

There was talk a few weeks ago about knives, I knew my grandfather worked at a knife factory's here in NY, I asked my dad about his dad on Easter, my grandfather was born in 1914, he went to work while in school for New York Knife factory, he had to get working papers, there were 3 knife factories on the wallkill River he says. Any way the place he worked at closed up, he got some parts that were used to make display knifes for hardware stores, ect that sold there knifes, he made this one, it's 11" long 1.1/2 inch high and open 19.1/2 inches long, the blade is over 8 inches long. He got brass to protect the blade inside, and made the oak sides, Pretty neat I thought, he lived to be 96, I think it must have been around 1928 he worked in the knife factory?
cvphoto21071.jpg

cvphoto21072.jpg

ya neat I thought, thanks, even though others think your a wise $ss punk!! 😂😂😂😂 I don't!

I probably shouldn?t have formed the ytdot that pi$$es a lot of people off but it?s the guys own fault for the ytdot being formed in the first place 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Neat piece of family history there.

I had no idea a folding knife could be that large. Guess I always assumed folding types were pocket knives... but obviously that's not a correct assumption.

The one I have in my pocket right now belonged to my Grandfather (1882-1972). It is a Kutmaster, made in Utica NY, no idea when, but it's a very good old knife.

(quoted from post at 13:48:49 04/28/19) Sweet Feet, divide the word "assume" into 3 syllables and look at it!

Try to divide Assume into three syllables....good luck with that!

This wouldn?t be a real knife that was sold but rather a display piece to sit on top of the counter where the knives were kept

Shrade/Old Timer used to be made right here in Ellenville NY. Sorry I didn't buy a bunch before they became an overseas company.

Holy cow,
Sound like a bunch of no it all babies. It is cool either way. Who cares what you know or may think you know about it. Why does everyone have to correct someone o something so stupid. I appreciate the post, and love local history.

See, what you guys missed is that this JayinNY saying that this [u:cd17e4653d]is [/u:cd17e4653d]his pocket knife. And for that to fit into a pocket, you would have to have some really "deep pockets". So, it is a humble brag about how rich he is.

Just kidding!

It is a really cool knife and bit of family history. I have several of the Napiana and Purina Feeds pocket notebooks from when my Grandpa owned the local General Store and sold animal feeds, etc.(1930-1965)

Me too, I liked Schrade. Was the factory where that huge demolition job has been going on for years, just north of Ellenville ?

I still carry a US made Schrade Ramrod in my pocket every day. I have be buying up all that I can afford in case I lose or damage one.

Cliff(VA) now (NC)

(quoted from post at 12:02:52 04/30/19) Me too, I liked Schrade. Was the factory where that huge demolition job has been going on for years, just north of Ellenville ?

Schrade.....a very fine name in knives!
I think Schrade went bankrupt in the mid 80s....after a few years,someone bought the name but I think the knives are now made in China.

The original Schrade made lots of commemorative knive in their later years. I have a beautiful Schrade (made in USA) pocket knife from 1983 commemorating the 50 year anniversary of the Wallkill Prison.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back