Oliver 900 at auction

Saw this coming up on auction in eastern Colorado, Not mine, someone should grab it, rare unit, several other olivers also selling on same auction.
img.axd.jpeg

I have been looking for something I definitely don’t need, in the size range of a 90/Case LA/MM G/JD D but sure would love an Oliver. That manifold looks rough. Are there other tractors/engines that used that manifold? Can they be decently welded? I imagine there are few if any remaining out there to be had.

I have been looking for something I definitely don’t need, in the size range of a 90/Case LA/MM G/JD D but sure would love an Oliver. That manifold looks rough. Are there other tractors/engines that used that manifold? Can they be decently welded? I imagine there are few if any remaining out there to be had.

I think the cracked upper section is the same as an 80 or 90, but don't hold me to that. I'd have to imagine the bottom portion is cracked as well. Rosewood Machine and Tool has repops, but you'd really have to be in love with the tractor at that point. I also imagine a cast iron welder would cost a decent penny as well, and I'm not sure the integrity on something that would have that much heat transfer and fluctuation.

I think the cracked upper section is the same as an 80 or 90, but don't hold me to that. I'd have to imagine the bottom portion is cracked as well. Rosewood Machine and Tool has repops, but you'd really have to be in love with the tractor at that point. I also imagine a cast iron welder would cost a decent penny as well, and I'm not sure the integrity on something that would have that much heat transfer and fluctuation.
Thank you for the info. It’s hard not to fall for that style and wheels, much less a yellow one! A solution would need to be identified for that rear rubber as well. It’s important to dream but probably keep it at that for me!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back