oliver 77 rear axle seal replacement

Jim, The seal is in the bearing retainer. remove the wheel and the hub, then take out the six cap screws and remove the retainer with the seal in it. Before you loosen the retainer see if the axle moves up and down, if it does you may be able to remove a shim or 2 to eliminate the movement, don't get it too tight!!. You will have to clean the axle real good so you don't damage the seal during installation. I always remove all the paint before I slide the new seal on. Chuck

Chuck gave you some nice directions. When you put the seal and cap back on, I just put a little dish soap on the axle to make it go on easier. Good Luck

Hello gentleman, my husband is trying to remove the rear axle bearings on a 1953 77 row crop diesel, we have the assembly apart, but can’t figure out how to remove the 2 bearings on the ends of the axle housing, any help would be appreciated!! Thank you

Hello gentleman, my husband is trying to remove the rear axle bearings on a 1953 77 row crop diesel, we have the assembly apart, but can’t figure out how to remove the 2 bearings on the ends of the axle housing, any help would be appreciated!! Thank you
You might have more replies if you start a new thread. This one is 6 years old. Go to the top of this page , click on Oliver tractors, then click on the red flag at the top right and paste this one that you have here.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back