no Previous button?!?!?

kcm.MN

When going back through precious posts (and I have a few!), first, it only shows 25 posts per page. Then after a while I keep having to hit the button "More Images" or "Older Images" (can't remember which). Then as I'm working my way back, there's no Previous button. Really?!?!?

2024.04.01 - no Previous button.jpg

When going back through precious posts (and I have a few!), first, it only shows 25 posts per page. Then after a while I keep having to hit the button "More Images" or "Older Images" (can't remember which). Then as I'm working my way back, there's no Previous button. Really?!?!?

View attachment 65161
You're on the first page according to your red circle. What would the pervious page be? Once I am off the first page I have a previous "button".

View attachment 65161
That is no page previous to page one. The Previous button shows up on page 2 and the pages after page 2.

Then as I'm working my way back, there's no Previous button.
He did end his post with the above.
That is no page previous to page one. The Previous button shows up on page 2 and the pages after page 2.
Go to your 25th page. Then go to the "older posts" which brings up another 25 pages of results.
They are numbered page 1 to 25 but are really page 26 to 50. And going deeper still shows older posts as page 1 to 25 even tho they are actually on page 237 etc.
After the first 25 pages there is no Previous Button.
To get back any pages newer than the true page #25 you have to do a re-search.

Go to your 25th page. Then go to the "older posts" which brings up another 25 pages of results.
They are numbered page 1 to 25 but are really page 26 to 50. And going deeper still shows older posts as page 1 to 25 even tho they are actually on page 237 etc.
I just tried this on another site that uses XenForo since I do not have enough posts here to try. It has the previous button in this situation. Must be an "admin" setting. I also noticed shades of gray is not available here, another "admin" setting.

I see what you are saying. It drops the previous, in front of the 1, each time you go to the next group of 25 posts so you can't go back to the prior group of 25.

Guess I should have explained myself better, but it was in the wee hours of the morning and I was tired. Thank you Double07 for explaining it correctly.

Yes, I was way into my posts. Very beginning? Not sure. But as I kept hitting the Next button to get to older posts, there was never a Previous button - except for the very newest posts.

Guess I should have explained myself better, but it was in the wee hours of the morning and I was tired. Thank you Double07 for explaining it correctly.

Yes, I was way into my posts. Very beginning? Not sure. But as I kept hitting the Next button to get to older posts, there was never a Previous button - except for the very newest posts.
Like I mentioned, tried it on another site and it's there. That site I tried transitioned early last year and are still tweaking features. It is probably something that can be turned on by an admin.

Does not help you right now, but it can probably be fixed.

I just tried this on another site that uses XenForo since I do not have enough posts here to try. It has the previous button in this situation. Must be an "admin" setting. I also noticed shades of gray is not available here, another "admin" setting.
I too am on another Xenforo site.....
Try this:
Go to say the third group of 25 pages in your search.
If you are on any page of a group other than page one, there is a Prev button.
But if you are on page one of a group, there is no Prev button to get back to a previous group of 25 pages.

I too am on another Xenforo site.....
Try this:
Go to say the third group of 25 pages in your search.
If you are on any page of a group other than page one, there is a Prev button.
But if you are on page one of a group, there is no Prev button to get back to a previous group of 25 pages.
That is what I did on the other site, tried to recreate, from the description what the OP is doing. One that site the pervious button is there after moving to any of the follow-on pages. That site also had some growing pains for most of the year after the change. That said the demographic is almost as old as here, you know how change goes with some of us old-timers ;)

I had counted how many pages HAD a Prev button, but my wife distracted me and I forgot. Ain't counting again. Not having a really great day today.

The first of the pages that does NOT have that button is this page:
2024.04.01 - first page I come to with no Prev button.jpg

When I reach this page, pretty much every page from here on I have to hit the Page 25 button, then hit the Older Posts button across on the right side. It gets frustrating after a while. And if I view many of the old posts, then I lose track of where I'm at, making my browser's Backspace button unusable.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back