New to group & out for a test drive

DURTFANN

New User
Hello ya'll, I'm new here , I joined basically to ask a question about a JD and liked what I seen in the rest of the threads, so here's kind of a off the wall question, I'm a dirt late model racer that 3 years ago had some medical issues that put a stop to my racing program, now to the meat of the matter as anyone in any type of motorsports knows you're never going to recover your money when you sell items and I don't expect to , I've always had my eye on mini rod tractors and thought about possibly venturing into it , I've got a brand new late model motor that was built with 8 laps on it and no expenses spared,,,, so you see my dilemma? I'm curious as to how much of that motor I could use to compete in a carburetor class , obviously the cam would have to change but has anyone had a or know of someone in a similar situation ? Thanks & Happy Easter ya'll , PS. Just happen to see this sub group & was surprised

Hello ya'll, I'm new here , I joined basically to ask a question about a JD and liked what I seen in the rest of the threads, so here's kind of a off the wall question, I'm a dirt late model racer that 3 years ago had some medical issues that put a stop to my racing program, now to the meat of the matter as anyone in any type of motorsports knows you're never going to recover your money when you sell items and I don't expect to , I've always had my eye on mini rod tractors and thought about possibly venturing into it , I've got a brand new late model motor that was built with 8 laps on it and no expenses spared,,,, so you see my dilemma? I'm curious as to how much of that motor I could use to compete in a carburetor class , obviously the cam would have to change but has anyone had a or know of someone in a similar situation ? Thanks & Happy Easter ya'll , PS. Just happen to see this sub group & was surprised
I had a mini-rod back in the 70's. Was running a built 327 Chevrolet. With 2.02 heads and one Carb. Did real good. But things progressed and our motor wasn't enough. Could just turn wheels in the 80's. You can't imagine how hard a mini-rod can jerk you, and then turn 90 degrees and turn over and sled push you against the wall. My neighbor has a Mini-rod now. It has a 600 plus cu. Hemi with a Supercharger that has teflon wipers in it. Motor costs North of $500 every time you start it. I don't know of a mini-rod class for a small block. But there is a small block, carburetor class of Antique Tractors. Think is 5500 lb. You use a 44 Massey , WD Allis, M Farmall, 3010 JD. Etc.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back