New Fendt 500HP tractor

WIZZO

With 500hp, the flagship 1050 Vario represents the world’s most powerful standard tractor, and with it expands Fendt’s tractor offering from 75hp to 500hp.

Four models make up the new series; the 380hp 1038, the 420hp 1042, the 460hp 1046 and the range-topping 500hp 1050.

The manufacturer has designed the 1000 Series, with a top speed of 37mph.

The 1000 gets all the toys including Vario CVT, its tractor management system TMS which automates ground and engine speed dependant on load, and the VarioTronic terminal through which all tractor functions, and in many cases implement, can be set-up and monitored.

No prices have been announced yet.

What the heck does one DO with a 500 hp tractor
like that?

I'm seriously curious. It's mostly small scale
around me here in the northeast, so I really
have no idea.

I would think that even in the wide open land
of the midwest that there'd be some kind of
physical limit on the width of anything you
could pull with one tractor. And at some point
two smaller tractors would become more
efficient than one huge one.

No?

JR, you're thinking too one-dimensionally.

It's all about speed. With more HP, you can go *FASTER*.

(quoted from post at 06:59:40 02/27/15) JR, you're thinking too one-dimensionally.

With twin flashing beacons & CB airial on the roof this is a MUST HAVE for young Bubba :roll:

(quoted from post at 14:59:40 02/27/15) JR, you're thinking too one-dimensionally.

Exactly. Thats the same reason Dodge makes a 700-horsepower Challenger that can do a good many miles per hour faster than the speed limit. Its all about having a bigger, faster, better, shinier, more complicated gizmo than the guy next door.

It looks to me like a giant bug just waiting to eat you. Grin

Noticed the "fad" head lights made it from luxury cars to luxury
p/u trucks and now tractors.

I don't know how they do at night, but looking at what's there,
here's how I see it:

On present day, conventional head light systems, unlike the days
of the sealed beam and the Cadillac with it's "cornering lights" in
the lower front fender, The plastic is formed with numerous
reflectors such that you get a good view to the side. This gives
you a great view, we've never otherwise had, except as
mentioned, of a side street/driveway/whatever that you are
trying to enter. I really like that.

On a similar note, seems every car/truck nowadays has driving
lights. Seems they're always on and just something else to blind
you when driving at night.

Do any of you use yours, I mean really find them a necessity?

One last rant: My Silverado has automatic lights in addition to
regular dimmed head lights for daylight driving. The optical
sensor on the dash senses available light and when it drops to a
preset point it automatically turns on all the running lights. I
wish all cars had this option so at dusk and dawn there won't be
any more drivers who fail to turn on their lights for whatever
reason.

Mark

Out in the plains of W. Texas, around Lubbock and on the Cap Rock where the land is almost "laser beam" flat, they use bull dozers to pull the gangs of cultivating equipment.

This would fit that environment.

Mark

We have flat enough ground here to use 1 I would think they could be used "Down Under" on some of their wheat fields.

I have pulled a set of 80 foot drills, with a Big Bud. A 12 bottom 24 inch Melroe plow with a Versatile 976. There are lots of places and things you can do with 500 horse power, but even with duals and weighs, the BIG 4X4s couldn't get enough traction.

Well,the red and green color scheme is right anyway.
a184566.jpg

That's the Ticket Laddy as Mr. Scott would say . If ya can not lock the horse power to the ground it is not doing you one bit of good . And around here Speed is the killer of tillage tools due to under ground obstructions called ROCKS . They are also hard on hay mowing equipment . Next comes the fact just ho0w fast can you drive across the field and still stay in the seat . Oh and don't forget about that ground hog condo that was not there last year. As they can be really hard on ft. ends when ya hit one of them going to fast.

(quoted from post at 06:51:00 02/27/15) What the heck does one DO with a 500 hp tractor
like that?

I'm seriously curious. It's mostly small scale
around me here in the northeast, so I really
have no idea.

I would think that even in the wide open land
of the midwest that there'd be some kind of
physical limit on the width of anything you
could pull with one tractor. And at some point
two smaller tractors would become more
efficient than one huge one.

No?

JR about 30 miles west of me starts an area where farmers don't talk about how many acres they farm. The talk about how many sections. They run things like the CaseIH 620 Quadtrak With 620 engine HP and 475 at the PTO. Or the JD 9630 4X4. Equipment like a disc at 40 feet is normal.

The problem with running smaller tractors is having to hire more operators. Just don't have that many qualified operators out there and at the cost of equipment what do you do?

Rick

Neighbor has a pair of old John Deere 8850 tractors that are turned
up to nearly 500 horsepower and does a lot of farm work with
them. Most tools are 30 to 45 feet wide now and use all the power
that you can get to pull them.

Fendt have always been rated as a very high quality build tractor but at a price premium. In recent years here sales have been increasing, British Farming Forum Fendt owners saying that they are more frugal on fuel consumption, and the residual values are higher than other makes. There is a strong demand here for secondhand ones, and also re-exporting them back to mainland Europe.

The most important things here for tractor ownership are low running costs, reliability and high residual values.

We had a new Agco dealer open up here a year and a half or so ago. They sell Fendt. I saw a new one sitting at a large dairy a few months ago where everything has always been green and yellow.

European tractor for their market and has a 37mph top speed- so 60kph on road that may have a 50 kph normal speed and laws that say tractor can run on the roads hauling whatever. Couple other European posters note tractors get registered and have insurance for road use, tags and do a lot of market hauling all year. 500 hp for a front and rear mounted forage harvesting rig PTO driven will cut and chop, blow into forage wagon a 30-50 foot swath of grass and other greens for a confinement dairy or beef operation - need 100 hp at each pto front and back and another couple hundred to move the choppers and wagon-- but one operator can then get feed for 50 cows in a hours pass on the forage ground. Secondary use possible- haul a military supply wagon or a artillery piece like a L7 105 'light' gun and ammo caisson or a engineering unit with shovel, blade, backhoe too dig trenches or mass grave. Wouldn't be as handy as a IHC H for garden cultivation of sweetcorn and mowing 5 acres of clover for couple cows- but couple thousand acres of wheat fields plant and harvest, haul grain to town or farm site bin 25 miles away from field might be handy. RN.

Those tractors have full suspensions and radial tires under them and actually ride very smooth. They can go across rough ground and feel like a Cadillac driving down the highway. Like comparing a 1970 snowmobile to a 2014. A lot of the new tillage tools are pulled at 9 mph and now they're making high speed planters that get pulled at 10 mph.

Well they may ride nice But like i said we have pebbles under the top of the dirt and some of them are BIG . We may raise 175-220 BBa Corn and 60-75 BBa beans and some nice hay here but the PEBBLE crop sometimes may hit 600 . We pick and dig them out each year as we find them and each and every year we find more . The last two years i have dug out four rocks out of two fields that i have been over since 1968 and never knew that they were there till ya hit them and trip four out of five bottoms . Then ya start to dig as that sucker is coming out one way or the other and you dig and dig and dig somemore and what you find is bigger then what your digging with . To get it up and out of the hole you have to ramp it and flip it and roll it to the end of the field and roll it down into the gully. Then you look a little more and you find Momma rock and half dozen baby's real close by . Once you get them removed and the hole some what back filled you have a start for a basement for low income housing . So there is NO high speed farming done if you do not want to be replacing disc blade or cultivator shanks or broken arbor bolts and yep even if it is a rock flex they still break .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back