MF 1085 hydraulic filter housing

Benartm80

New User
Trying to replace the hydraulic filter and the cast 1” nut on the bottom of the housing broke off.

Thinking of switching to a spin on filter housing but not sure what specs I should look for. Any recommendations?
9C79A38F-7395-4AA4-BE2D-660503279FA6.jpeg

Trying to replace the hydraulic filter and the cast 1” nut on the bottom of the housing broke off.

Thinking of switching to a spin on filter housing but not sure what specs I should look for. Any recommendations?View attachment 64805
You need to find the pressure rating, micron rating, flow rating, and if it has a bypass relief inside the housing for that MF filter you have, to start comparing other units that might replace it.

My 2 cents: wrap a big pipe wrench around the housing and take it off. If the cast canister survives removal, have a large automotive nut brazed onto the bottom to replace the broken nut.

I would Not replace the original set up. That filter housing will unscrew easily if taping lightly with a hammer in the threaded area while trying to spin it off.

Will keep trying to get that housing off. Drained the oil and it had a metallic shimmer to it. Trying to get the basic things taking care of to see if we can get the remotes back in sufficient working order.

It's just a filter Any hydraulic filter assembly would work no more than 12 gpm there
That filter housing is a dinosaur

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back