Massey 555 hood insulation needed

Looks like the original insulation pad was about 5 x 20 x about 1/4 thick. Just wondering what you guys have been using

John

I don't know, but I've seen some that had a similar pad under the rear end of the fuel tank, between the tank and its support bracket. I guess most have gotten tossed in the last 65 plus years....

Ben

Hi John. Merry Christmas. Is that the insulation that is between the hood and the fuel tank that you are asking about?
Hi Kevin. Hope you had a great Christmas!!! You can see the retainers on the inside of the hood on the photo. Must be some kind of insulation put there to protect the paint from the heat of the manifold. Parts manual shows nothing???

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Hi Kevin. Hope you had a great Christmas!!! You can see the retainers on the inside of the hood on the photo. Must be some kind of insulation put there to protect the paint from the heat of the manifold. Parts manual shows nothing???
Hi John. Christmas was great with the kids and grand kids all here. Hope yours was good as well. I’m going to look at my 55 diesel hood tomorrow. Not sure there’s any on it. I know you can buy some sound deadening and heat shield material at Napa. I’m sure it would work well for you. All the best in the New Year John.

Hi John. Christmas was great with the kids and grand kids all here. Hope yours was good as well. I’m going to look at my 55 diesel hood tomorrow. Not sure there’s any on it. I know you can buy some sound deadening and heat shield material at Napa. I’m sure it would work well for you. All the best in the New Year John.
Happy new year to you and yours Kevin. Thanks for the reply. I'll find something that will work.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back