grandpa Love

Guy wants to do some swapping. Says this needs a fuel pump. Can I try a shot of starting fluid in the intake to see if it with fire up?

cvphoto112671.png

cvphoto112672.png

Don't know how it is in your area but where I am it is next to impossible to find parts for them and if you do they very high priced. Plus there not made like any other tractor you have messed with and to me poorly engineered night mares

Early Mahindra were clones (license) of Small IH tractors. Pretty solid after 1985 (I guess) they were more Indian designed. Somewhat crude castings. I would not start it. If it is gasoline better than Diesel. Tire condition is also important. Swap for what. Jim

Friend of mine has one. Year out of warranty he spent 2K on repairs (mostly seals and fuel pump) and waited 3 months on the parts. Then he went to trade it on a Deere, Kubota, Kioti etc. He may as well own a Belarius. I would suggest you run. JMO.

If the trade is without monitary adjustment. Then it would be his responsibility to make it run so it can be driven. If the fuel pump is the issue, Purchase the pump, he installs, and if it fails to operate as a reasonable tractor, he pays you for the pump. Another option is to use a Mower tank (loan Him One) again operates great. Not operating is no deal. Jim

I worked on one a couple years ago. Lost 20 plus hour in it and took weeks to get part and most of them the wrong part so had to return them and cross my finger that I would get what was correct. Long story short they are in my mind scrap iron from the get go. Even the closest dealer could not even come close to helping me since there guy knew nothing about them

Run, don't walk ,and don't look back. Around here the only dealer that has survived more than few months is the old ford dealer and he has other lines to keep him going. Just new paint on a scrap pile.

Couple of friends have Mahindras. They seem ok but not something worth chasing. They both have had trouble with them. Dealer in Clanton is just like other people have said. Slow and always gets wrong part on first try.

Fisrt off, NO ETHER!!

Your F250 is a pretty valuable truck right now, probably $6-8K since it's 2wd. That Mahindra is scrap iron, $220 a ton in my area. I probably wouldn't run away at first, but I would value the tractor at about $350, he'd owe the rest in boot. You also need to call your state attorney General office with the serial number to make sure there isn't an outstanding loan under the UCC.

Friend of mine got into a great deal like that on a little Deere 750 with a 2 cylinder Yanmar. Just needed a fuel pump because of hard starting. Yep, and a full engine rebuild because it had been started on ether so much the pistons were cracked. Those little diesels don't tolerate ether well.

As it sits I'd probably put $1000 maybe up to $1500 in it right now depending on how it looks up close and the model.They are no better or worse than any of the other foreign compact imports.

All those tractor under about 100 horse are all made out of the country and have been for a few decades now. So they are all foreign tractors even the Deere's.

Don't even consider the swap. Never was a dealer that I know of here in Ohio or northeastern Indiana. It is just a boat anker to me. The truck is worth way more for scrap than that tractor ever will be and it is only scrap iron. If the loader would fit something else then it might be only value of loader and I dought it would fit anything else especial a CUB.

No, it won't run on ether.

If you really want to pursue this, connect a nurse bottle of diesel to the injector pump, bleed it best you can, loosen the injector lines, spin it until you get fuel.

It should then start.

Really need to have it run long enough to put it through the paces. Could be a lot of hidden problems.

I worked on one years ago it had a boat load of water in the fuel. Cleaned that out had to replace the ignition switch because they fudged it up and put a new fuel tank on it.

A trade I am not working on your stuff for free to increase the value. BTDT he was stuck on his price he said "see I told ya it ran good"

I cannot see why you would even consider such a trade. Your truck is worth much more than a non-running brand X tractor. Then you start putting money into it. Then, you find out it has even more problems than your F250 had.

If I may say so, if it simply needed a pump, he should have put one on it and presented it as a running tractor. Otherwise, I would bet BIG money that the 'needs a pump' excuse is just that - an excuse to cover up the REAL problem(s) with the tractor.

That is one of the oldest used car cons in the business. Present a car as needing a tune-up. Lifters clattering, dead miss, or knocking like a jazz drummer, but it 'just needs a tune-up.' Right. NOT!

My dad recently passed away and had a newer 45hp Mahindra tractor at his place, along with almost every attachment Mahindra made.

I think they are made cheap and engineered very poorly. He had less than 60 hours on his tractor and it rattles inside the cab like you wouldn't believe. It also requires good hearing protection to keep your sanity.

Maybe I am spoiled with my John Deere but the difference in quality and craftsmanship is very noticeable.

Keep your pickup.

What model is it . Mahindra farms out a lot of their small tractors under 50 HP to TYM and Mitsubishi.Offer him scrap price and keep the truck .I have 2 Mahindras they are not bad tractors dealer support is the main concern with them.

This post was edited by mudcreek183 on 01/03/2022 at 02:43 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back