Kioti tractor prices

Tom N MS

DK45SE Price seems to be top secret..My boss has a 45 HST(I think that's it) It's the one U push the petal to go--I want no part of that-I want to stuff it in a gear and let out on the clutch...Info appreciated....Tks

(quoted from post at 19:42:15 08/02/11) DK45SE Price seems to be top secret..My boss has a 45 HST(I think that's it) It's the one U push the petal to go--I want no part of that-I want to stuff it in a gear and let out on the clutch...Info appreciated....Tks

Frickin content filter on this site is a royal PITA. Try this url after removing the '_' in the website name.

http://www.tractor_house.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6219475&

Brand new 2011 DK45SE with loader and a new 18' equipment trailer to haul it - package price of 23,634.

Perosnally I hope to never see another gear drive tractor - HST is so much nicer...

TOH

Is the HST what I think it is--foot petal, one for forward and one for reverse?? If so, my boss has one and he uses it a lot moving tree trops and such--he's had it a couple of yrs and he kinda likes it but still has some reservations..

My Kubota has a pedal to go fore and aft and I LOVE it. 1500 hours and nine years old, no transmission issues, just change filter every year and fluid every three. I would not go back to gears in a small tractor.
For this opinion, and a buck and a quarter, you can get a cup of coffee.

I appreciate the info..grew up on a 2N and just use to choosing a gear, letting out on the clutch and knowing you are hooked up. I wish they made one just like my old Cub Cadet..Hand lever infinite(I think they call it)--hydrostatic-further you push the lever forward the faster u go..move it forward or back on the go-midway is neutral and back toward you is reverse...

If you are used to an 8N, you would like the idea of having just the rite speed with a hydro. You just back off the pedel to slow down and or change from foreward to reverse with your foot just as smooth as can be.
I would not want to go back to shifting a small tractor after using mine. = Infinate speed is great.

Wonder if they(any Brand) make one that controls same way but with one lever -like my old Cub Cadet. I have foot and leg problems-just don't think I could do the foot thing for1-2-3 hrs at the time.

(quoted from post at 06:34:50 08/03/11) Wonder if they(any Brand) make one that controls same way but with one lever -like my old Cub Cadet. I have foot and leg problems-just don't think I could do the foot thing for1-2-3 hrs at the time.

Yes there are some that are lever controlled - the ones I know of are mostly older/lower end ones. The single pedal control seems to be giving way to the two pedal system - one for forward and a second for reverse. Either way neither would be any harder on your foot/leg than clutching and shifting - especially for anything like loader work or mowing tight areas where there is frequent change of direction and speed. About as much effort as tapping your toe to music. For something like field mowing you simply set the forward speed and lock it in with "cruise control" - nothing required of your foot/leg unless you want to change speeds or direction - just like a any gear drive. The new hi-tech systems in larger machines also incorporate a computer controlled load sense system that automatically changes engine RPM and or gear range as load increases and decreases. Especially nice for loader work - no need to touch the throttle/range lever when you bury the bucket into a big pile of material and the engine/hydraulics load up - computer does it for you.

In a similar vein a friend of mine with way too much money stopped by a couple of nights ago to show me his latest toy - a 2007 Mercedes SL 65 AMG convertible. A 2 seater with a 6L SOHC V12 making 620 HP @ 4K and 740 lb-ft @ 2K. When I commented on the 5 speed automatic he said take it for a drive - you may be surprised. I was - the 5000 lb beast rides like a Rolls, blew through the rather tight curves on the winding creek bottom road leaving my house at 50 MPH like they didn't exist, and with barely a nudge on the gas took about 2 seconds to go from 60 to 100 (straight up on the 220 MPH clock) passing a truck up a steep grade on I70. In all that time I never felt that automatic shift. For all I know it never got out of second gear :roll: There are two paddle shifters on the wheel if you simply must get in the computer's way :wink:

TOH

Like Jim (SC), I have a Kubota with HST and a pedal. Great for any situation requiring frequent forward and reverse movements. Like TOH says there is a "cruise control" lever that lets you keep the tractor at any speed. I have not had any problems with this tractor since new in 1999. Always changed fluids and filters by the book.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back