HELP! ISO International 2400B Industrial Tractor Grille

Charlie12

New User
Hello there!
I am on the hunt for an international 2400B industrial tractor grille. I am honestly not sure what it is supposed to look like because it didn't have anything on it when it was purchased, and I have seen multiple different grilles on Google images. I was trying to find the original buyer's guide from '74 but no luck either. Does anyone know what it is supposed to look like? Also where to get one? I've tried several salvage yards and aftermarket sites but honestly not sure which one is correct and don't want to order the wrong one. attached are some of the ones I've found. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

Part Numbers I have found:
Grille: 69335c1
Screen: 69575c1
Light cover: 69312c1

The most popular styles I Have Found:

2400b.jpg
2400b 2.jpg

If you look closer at those two styles of grilles, notice how the nose of the tractor is completely different. The one on top has a stamped sheet metal surround. The one on the bottom, the grille is the entire nose of the tractor. Which does your tractor look most like?

In fact, I believe the tractor you show on the bottom is a 240A, not a 2400 B.

IH industrial tractors overall are orphans. IH sold off the construction division in 1983 and shortly thereafter, all parts and dealer support for anything but the bulldozers was, for all intents and purposes, dropped. Once parts ran out, that was it. Some parts can be substituted from farm tractors of the same time.

If you look closer at those two styles of grilles, notice how the nose of the tractor is completely different. The one on top has a stamped sheet metal surround. The one on the bottom, the grille is the entire nose of the tractor. Which does your tractor look most like?

IH industrial tractors overall are orphans. IH sold off the construction division in 1983 and shortly thereafter, all parts and dealer support for anything but the bulldozers was, for all intents and purposes, dropped. Once parts ran out, that was it. Some parts can be substituted from farm tractors of the same time.
I am pretty sure it is closer to the bottom one. I was lucky to find Redgie at Winmill in CT that still had the Micro Fish parts book because they were a Dresser/Dresta dealer which is who got the parts books then. Gotta love company mergers... I appreciate that! I honestly thought there was another piece missing!

I am pretty sure it is closer to the bottom one. I was lucky to find Redgie at Winmill in CT that still had the Micro Fish parts book because they were a Dresser/Dresta dealer which is who got the parts books then. Gotta love company mergers... I appreciate that! I honestly thought there was another piece missing!
Yeah, the 2400 A and 2400 B use the plastic grille same as the farm tractors of the time. As there were tens of thousands of farm tractors built there's a market for aftermarket grilles.

The 240A has an all steel grille which you're not going to find aftermarket because they only made a small number of those tractors. Only place to find them would be a salvage yard.

Good luck with that. I tried to find a replacement screen for the grille on my 2424 with no luck. I eventually made on out of PT plywood and hardware cloth and spray painted it IH white. It looks pretty good from a distance - for sure better than the old rusty bent one with a hole cut out for a front mount pump of some kind. I did have to jerry rig it in there with bolts at the top and wire at the bottom.

Attachments

• 2424 shot.png
    2424 shot.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
IF your hood is like the top one a 5or 674 grill would work then just cut the holes in it for the lights a hole saw would make them about as easy as anything would.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back