John Deere 301A clutch

dlstone10

New User
Bought a 301A over a year ago that had been setting along time turns out all I needed to get it started was a new fuel transfer pump and rebuild the starter ….... everything seemed to work well except the rear lift arms wouldn't hold a middle position no biggie ran for a bit but I noticed was gaining motor oil so I shut it down . Set for 6 months just had the injector pump done......runs great but now the clutch won't disengage …....Noticed Trans hydraulic fluid was low so I will probably drain and refill any thoughts I have very little experience with Deeres always had ford small tractors

Jack the rear end off the ground and securely support. Start in gear and with the clutch disengaged, stab at the brakes back and forth several times. If that doesn't work, you can try the same thing while driving it as long as you have a big enough open area. Before trying either, make sure the clutch linkage is actually doing what it is supposed to. When I let my tractors set for extended periods, I block the clutch down.

Bought a 301A over a year ago that had been setting along time turns out all I needed to get it started was a new fuel transfer pump and rebuild the starter ….... everything seemed to work well except the rear lift arms wouldn't hold a middle position no biggie ran for a bit but I noticed was gaining motor oil so I shut it down . Set for 6 months just had the injector pump done......runs great but now the clutch won't disengage …....Noticed Trans hydraulic fluid was low so I will probably drain and refill any thoughts I have very little experience with Deeres always had ford small tractors
Reverser or no reverser? PTO or no PTO? If it has a PTO which one, continuous running (two stage clutch) PTO or independent PTO (small lever between the shift levers)?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back