Jinma tractors

Mike Veen

Anyone own one of these,and are they any good.I would use one for pushing snow,grading our road with a drag,digging some holes,mowing around the xmas trees.

Try these links:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/

http://ctocf.proboards54.com/index.cgi

Think of it this way: What good quality manufactured stuff comes out of China? (not much)
Would you actually spend $6000 on one of these?
$6000 buys a nice all restored IH or Ford.

If you are really serious about a Jinma, spend $12,000 and get a new machine that will last 15 years or more instead of 3 years for the Jinma.

I AGREE WITH GUN GURU. SPEND THE SAME MONEY ON A FORD. MASSEY FERG, J.D. AND YOU HAVE A MUCH HEAVIER DUTY TRACTOR THAT YOU CAN GET PARTS FOR. JUST MY OPINION

Jinma tractors make excellent ballast weights when cut up and bolted to Massey, Deere, New Holland, CIH, Agco and Kubota tractors.
The price to take home a new basic M4WD utility tractor from NH, Massey,Kubota, Deere is little different. And you will have still have something today, tomorrow and in 20 years time.
Deere will be selling the older lines of 3205,2305 and 4005 at discount. There are also incentives for the new "lettered models" 3032E,3038E etc.

they work real good as long as you never use them, they are not even good for scrap, lawn ornament only

What good quality manufactured stuff comes out of China?

=================================================

I'm pretty happy with my SKS and AK 47.

My neighbor has one, he uses it like a big garden tractor. He bought it new back in 2004 from a Homier tool sale. First thing he did was flush the crappy oil and hydraulic fluid out of it and hasn't touched it since except to change the engine oil once a year. Then again he only puts about 50-80 hours a year on and the hardest thing he does with it is till his garden and run a small (4'?) grooming mower (no loader - he borrows mine).

I wouldn't buy one to use every day but if all you want is a weekend machine it might do.

I've owned one for 5 yrs now. What I use mine for is just straight tractor work, NO FEL. It's been a good hobby farm type tractor. I did some modifications, such as changing to a suction screen on the hydraulic sump and replacing fuel tank shutoff with a standard one quarter inch needle valve and did all the recommend fluid flushes. I did my research before I bought and decided that the FEL just stresses the front drive components too much, this can be true of any major manufacturered tractors also. Just be aware of some failures of castings between the engine and transmission case when pushing snow or digging hard with the FEL. For what I paid for mine it's been a blessing, I just couldn't have bought a new Major Man. tractor and this Jinma has done everything I needed. The only parts I needed so far has been lug nuts for the wheels and Jinmaparts.com had them. bjr

I don't own a Jinma, but the price is about half a Deere. A Jinma 354 with loader is 11K. I couldn't price out a 30 hp Deere with a loader under 20K. Deere might put the wheels on here, but the basic manufacture of under 100hp machines is done in India, Mexico, CHINA or ? I think even some of the bigger machines are coming from abroad now. Deere and Jinma might even share suppliers.

They arent too bad, we sell Farm Pro which is made by jinma. Farm Pro has a 2 year warranty on anything on, in, and out on the tractor or attachments. Eveyone bashes them because they are made over seas. But little do they know most compact wheel lines of tractors are made overseas anyway. Ford - New Holland = Shibaura, John Deere = Yanmar ect.

You cannot buy a New tractor or anything that is all USA, we are a world market now.

If you want to know more about Farm Pro or Jinma, email me. thanks

Have a look at the other makes to for place of origin.
How is it you want an American built tractor but you will only pay foreign built price?
Can't have it both ways.

Electronics.
Many parts in domestically produced autos are made in China.
Most of the flat screen TV's ?
iPODS, iPhones, etc...

Well I bought a new JD 2305 with rear blade, tire chains for $10,500. Later in the summer I bought a 4' rear cutter at TSC and a rear scoop at TSC. Grand total for all is a little under $12,000. I dont have the Front end loader, that is $3,200 from the Deere dealer.
My 2305 is all I need, snow removal, grass cut, pull small trees out of the woods.

(quoted from post at 08:28:55 01/02/09) 2305 no problem.
2305 is 24hp. A 3032 @31 hp with loader I see on the net for about 16K. Local dealer doesn't even come close to that. But since I am not working now, it really doesn't matter. :(

In 15 years that $15,000 Deere is still going be worth $10,000. In 15 years that dead Jinma in pieces rusting behind the shed is worth $300.00 as scrap. $400.00 if the fuel tank is full.

You paint with too broad a brush when you say they are made "overseas". Japan vs. China is a world of difference in quality. The post below about not having a FEL because of stress on the machine tells all- sure, if I get a cheap tractor and then never use it, it may last just fine. But I find I need to use mine, including the FEL, and believe I'll just stick with my JD and Kubota, thank you.

I've had my Jinma 224 (24 hp, 4wd) since 03. Use it mostly for light brush hogging, back blading, & FEL work and lots of snow removal in winter. Been a goo machine. I paid $5250. for the tractor(New) and $2600. for the Koyker FEL (new). So far no problems at 320 hours.

What about these John Deere?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/308911/john_deere_signs_agreement_to_buy_large.html

If it is a cheap price, it is a cheap peice of equipment. Plain and simple. You all may brag about your Chinese tractor...now, but what happens in 10-15 years when you go to looking for parts? The upfront quality is a big concern to me, but being able to get parts and service when it is 10-15 years old is what my concern would be.....If it is still usable in 10 years.

Jim

I try to be logical and not color blind I have no alegance to any brand. A tractor is just a tool and I need to be able to own it and not the other way around, meaning no payments. Now having said that, the two local dealers that were promoting the Jinma brand have since quit that line. One, I asked, said because Jinma couldn't meet EPA emissions laws. I didn't argue or ask further questions, but I think there are other vendors still importing them just not within my local. I agree parts availability in longer time frame is a factor and who knows if Jinma parts will still be carried. I've owned Ford tractors that some parts were almost impossible to get, those tractors were 40 years old, too. bjr

I do not own one, nor do I intend to, but the two or three sold around here have been fairly decent tractors, just a little rough around the edges. One thought strikes me, though-seems the people posting here that actually own one seem to be relatively happy with their value, and the people bashing the Jinma don't seem to own one.

You noticed that too?

As stated my neighbor has one that's now 5 years old and it still looks and runs like new. Back when he picked his up it was only $3990 or so, about a 40% it would have run him to buy a comparible import from John Deere or New Holland.

If he sells it an only gets $1500-$1700 for it, it cost him $2500-$2300 in depreciation. Had he paid $10,000 for a domesticly painted unit he'd have to get $8,400-$8,600 (counting the forgone interest) to be in the same position.

I know many people point out how they get parked when they break down - I notice that too. But the repairs on any of these little things are expensive. Replacing a head on a Jinma is as expensive as replacing the head on a Yanmar. Differance is the owner thinks its going to cost me $900 to fix a tractor I paid $3990 for and might be worth $1500-$1600 after the repair abd says screw it I'll sell the tires off it. Or if its a Yanmar he thinks I have to spend $900 to fix a tractor that will be worth $7500 after the repair - its more likely it will get fixed.

I haven't bought one. One reason is that I work in manufacturing, and hate to see our jobs go away. I have looked at a lot of Chinese manufactured goods over the years. The conclusion I have come to is that the Chinese goods are getting better all the time. I read where Jinma is selling 10 to 20K units per year now. At some point, they are gonna be a problem for Deere. And you can't just keep them out, all the small tractors are made somewhere else.

I noticed that too....

I also noticed that the ones that do have them don't seem to work them too hard, or don't know what hard work is.

I'm not familiar with the Jinma specifically, but the one china tractor line that I looked at around here (TaskMaster) wasn't much to speak about. The fit was pretty rough on them. Castings looked to be of rather dubious quality and the basic technology of them appeared to be stuck somewhere along the same lines as IH was in the 50's. So... if you want to buy 50 year old technology and it's related problems then mabey the china tractor will be OK. If that does the job, that's fine.. but there's a world of difference in features between those tractors and the offerings from NH/Deere/Kubota and others.
The little jap tractors do tend to be pretty good at this point too although they are light and can be broken under a loader.

Rod

Well, somebody said they are all built overseas by foreign workers anyway. As for the quality comparisons time will tell. The links below should prove interesting to some...

http://ctoa.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=90

http://ctoa.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=75

I did some research on the "Gray Market" tractors about a year or two ago. Jinma is an old tractor line and is as big in Aisa as Deere/NH/MF is here. The used ones seen Stateside are usually what they call remanufactured. This included Yanmar, Jinma, Foton, ect. They use them for 3-8 years then trade them in. They get completly rebuilt and sold here with a warranty... Take it for what is worth.

I personally would not own one as I enjoy tinkering with the old "RED IRON" and yes, some Deere's. For what they are asking for the Gray Market tractors, it can be a good deal for someone who cannot justify the expense of even a used domestic tractor if there is a parts dealer local. The cost is kept down by using technology that was state of the art for my Farmall. They use what works and do not usually improve the mechanicals. Just recently they started streamlining the sheetmetal.

I priced a 35-40 Hp Jinma that would be shipped to a loading dock for about $6500, I assemble the subassemblies myself. Basically a kit tractor. It was tempting.

But instead this is what I settled with.

CIMG3064.jpg

Hope this helps,

Charles

(quoted from post at 23:17:22 01/02/09) I did some research on the "Gray Market" tractors about a year or two ago. Jinma is an old tractor line and is as big in Aisa as Deere/NH/MF is here. The used ones seen Stateside are usually what they call remanufactured. This included Yanmar, Jinma, Foton, ect. They use them for 3-8 years then trade them in. They get completly rebuilt and sold here with a warranty... Take it for what is worth.

I personally would not own one as I enjoy tinkering with the old "RED IRON" and yes, some Deere's. For what they are asking for the Gray Market tractors, it can be a good deal for someone who cannot justify the expense of even a used domestic tractor if there is a parts dealer local. The cost is kept down by using technology that was state of the art for my Farmall. They use what works and do not usually improve the mechanicals. Just recently they started streamlining the sheetmetal.

I priced a 35-40 Hp Jinma that would be shipped to a loading dock for about $6500, I assemble the subassemblies myself. Basically a kit tractor. It was tempting.

But instead this is what I settled with.

CIMG3064.jpg

There aren't any Jinma dealers in my area, SE Michigan. I have looked at a couple of Yanmars for sale locally. Very similar to Yanmar Deeres.

(quoted from post at 08:22:07 01/02/09) They arent too bad, we sell Farm Pro which is made by jinma. Farm Pro has a 2 year warranty on anything on, in, and out on the tractor or attachments. Eveyone bashes them because they are made over seas. But little do they know most compact wheel lines of tractors are made overseas anyway. Ford - New Holland = Shibaura, John Deere = Yanmar ect.

You cannot buy a New tractor or anything that is all USA, we are a world market now.

If you want to know more about Farm Pro or Jinma, email me. thanks

Where in Michigan are you?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back