JD 1240 Plates and Set up for Soys

jcraw

New User
I'm looking for some b3-32 soybean plates for JD. Also any help setting the sprockets for beans would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get the B3-32 then my next option would be using 24 cell corn plates that will fit 2 beans per cell. I was looking in my manual and thinking that if I use 24 cell plates that can fit 2 beans per cell, I could leave the planter set up for corn and beans without switching sprockets. If shoot for around 30k population for corn on 32" centers. Then plant it 2x going in the middle of the 32" rows to create 16" rows. with 2 beans per drop and doubling my rows I should get around 120k population.

I'm looking for some b3-32 soybean plates for JD. Also any help setting the sprockets for beans would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get the B3-32 then my next option would be using 24 cell corn plates that will fit 2 beans per cell. I was looking in my manual and thinking that if I use 24 cell plates that can fit 2 beans per cell, I could leave the planter set up for corn and beans without switching sprockets. If shoot for around 30k population for corn on 32" centers. Then plant it 2x going in the middle of the 32" rows to create 16" rows. with 2 beans per drop and doubling my rows I should get around 120k population.
If this is for a small amount of acreage to harvest (<10) or a food plot I would just roll with what you have. Lincoln Enterprises now in Colorado manufactures seed plates and would be worth considering if you are doing a lot of acres. Unless the ground is really mellow the 1960's planters do not hold up versus the newer planters in terms of metering and seed coverage.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back