Issue with MF 35 backfiring

Bcoffman80

New User
A MF 35 that I was given keeps back firing when throttle is increased. Im new to this. Ive had carb rebuilt and it purrs at low throttle. Ive replaced entire sediment bowl, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap with new points and condenser, and installed a new coil with internal resistor. Still no change. It is a 12 volt with negative ground. Please help!

My MF 135 was backfiring when I throttled down and someone on this forum told me to check the gasket between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipe. I thought this strange but after replacing the gasket and tightening the bolts, the backfire stopped.

better do a compression check before and after your valve adjustment. most likely a tight valve.

Check timing and also make sure you don't have a spark plug wire going to the wrong cylinder. A tractor was given to us, previous owner had two plug wires mixed up on the cap.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back