Iseki not starting update

fpappal

If any of you care. A few weeks ago I asked for help with my little Iseki that all of a sudden would not start after clutch failed. It has the Mitsubishi KE70 two cylinder diesel in it. It ran fine until the clutch failed. Then would not start. Compression seemed low, I rebuilt both injectors, nothing not even with starting fluid. I ended up pulling it with another tractor and it fired right up. While idling I put my foot on the clutch and it basically stalled out the engine. I split the tractor and my throwout bearing was seized tight. So every time I tried to start the tractor, I needed to put my foot on the clutch pedal to get the starter to turn. Since the bearing was seized tight the poor engine was turning the entire shaft and it was just too much for the starter. It chewed my pressure plate fingers up pretty good too. So anyways, for $200 I was able to get a new clutch disc, pressure plate, and throwout bearing. In the process of putting it back together now.

If it has a pilot bearing/bushing best replace it also. Learned that the hard way and every few thousand miles on my Dodge van I had to replace the clutch disk because of it

It does have a pilot bushing. I better see if I can find a new one for it. Thanks for the advice.

If you don't replace the pilot bushing the input shaft can move around and in turn take out the clutch disk. That is what would happen on my Dodge van. That was also before I knew it had such a part so I learned the hard $$ way

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back