International 500 reverser issues and more

DOwen

New User
I recently purchased a 500 dozer with winch and 6 way blade, knowing about these issues, but for the price, I can't complain. First off, it won't move, the reverser has good oil, and shifter shifts F, N, R. I looked in the manual, and think it might be either the reverser power control pedal, at least I hope, other than that It looks like I will need to split it open. Where in the system can a pressure gauge be added, I only have a temp gauge that has been disconnected, haven't found where that installs yet either. Also, there is no wiring, starts up if you jump the starter, but the alternator is disconnected, I found the manual diagram, but it just shows all the wires going into a bundle, any tips on wiring? Last, the 6 way blade appears to have been modified, and the angling cylinder mount on the blade has been changed, and currently can bend its own rod if angled and turned. Anyone have a picture of how that is supposed to be? I'd like to get that straightened out,

I recently purchased a 500 dozer with winch and 6 way blade, knowing about these issues, but for the price, I can't complain. First off, it won't move, the reverser has good oil, and shifter shifts F, N, R. I looked in the manual, and think it might be either the reverser power control pedal, at least I hope, other than that It looks like I will need to split it open. Where in the system can a pressure gauge be added, I only have a temp gauge that has been disconnected, haven't found where that installs yet either. Also, there is no wiring, starts up if you jump the starter, but the alternator is disconnected, I found the manual diagram, but it just shows all the wires going into a bundle, any tips on wiring? Last, the 6 way blade appears to have been modified, and the angling cylinder mount on the blade has been changed, and currently can bend its own rod if angled and turned. Anyone have a picture of how that is supposed to be? I'd like to get that straightened out,
Good evening, I'm having the same issue. Did you figure out why yours wouldn't move?

Good evening, I'm having the same issue. Did you figure out why yours wouldn't move?
Welcome to the forums.

You are asking someone who made that one post in 2011 and hasn't posted since (at least using that username).

What happens at least part of the time is some see the date of the original thread and decided to pass on by and won't see your question. Another thing that happens is people read the first post and reply to it, not noticing your post at the end.

I suggest you start a new thread of your own. Tell what your machine is, what problem you are having. It can help to know if it is a new machine to or if you have had it a while and the problem developed since you have had it. Also, any history of service and repairs that you may have done or know were done previously.

Do you have any manuals for it?

Start by checking the inching pedal for full travel (clean the rubbish out of the area) and make sure no bent linkage. Then loosen a line going to the transmission oil cooler and run briefly. If no oil flow, the filter is plugged or the splines have stripped in the pump.

After pulling the motor, twice, and replacing the control valve pedal, I found that the input shaft for the reverser pump had been previously repaired. The female splines had been bored out, and a new splined insert had been welded in. The weld had failed, probably because welding a hardened part doesn't work too well, leaving a spline that looked good, but would spin inside of the shaft. I missed it on the first time through and found it while cleaning parts the second time I pulled the motor. Fixed that and it drove great.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back