How to remove this dashboard ?

Hi guys,

I want to change the starter switch and the light swith on the dashboard of our Ford 6410 (III)
Do you guys know how I can acces it ? I can remove the screws and lift it up only 3 inches. also I can take out the tachometerpanell but there's very little space.
I want to acces it from underneath. Will I have to take the cab off to get good acces ? or do I have to take the steeringwheel + hand throttle(orange lever photo3) of before the dashboard can be lifted ?

thanks in advance !!

Roel.
S5002214.jpg

S5002446.jpg

S5002443.jpg

S5002438.jpg

Can you get the lower cowl removed with the cab in place? I've been able to acces most of my dash backside on my 5000 with the cluster out and the cowl off... same with my 7610s.. just less room as it has more stuff back there... monkey arms help!

soundguy

Now there's a genuine AFTERTHOUGH cab... or lack of thought cab.
I think if you're just changing the key switch and the push/pull headlight switch then you do it by removing the instrument panel. If you're wanting to change those rocker switches on the bottom, then you push the tabs in on each end and lift the switch up and out.
I don't beleive there's any easy way to get in there. Those tractors are just plain miserable to work on.
I'm guessing by looking at the pictures that you'd have to remove the cab to get the cowl up. I'd not want to go there...

Rod

Hey Rod, you're right, considering wiring they are miserable to work on.
the light switch isn't a push pull type but a 3 position twist type.

Thanks for the advice Soundguy.
I can't remove te lower cowl. I guess I'll have to try to fix it via the tachometer panell.

does anyone has the wiring diagram of these tractors ?
I can't find a manual anywhere of these 6410's with LP cab. checked ebay and everything.

Roel.

Good luck.

Sorry, I've no manuals for that model. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

soundguy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back