Harbor freight 5000lb winch

Poonie

I just installed one of these on my car hauler in the event I need a winch. Tested it out today just using my zero turn. Hardly a challenge but it works. I don't see myself ever maxing out this winch, but for the small tractors like my 53 farmall cub, or say a Jeep, this thing should work well. Anybody else have one?

Attachments

• 20240509_150103.jpg
    20240509_150103.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
I have the HF 12000, I've had for several years, works very well. Was thinking about changing to the braided rope from the cable, but have not investigated cost. I don't use it very often, but, its great to have it available. You'll never be sorry you spent the money imho gobble

I just installed one of these on my car hauler in the event I need a winch. Tested it out today just using my zero turn. Hardly a challenge but it works. I don't see myself ever maxing out this winch, but for the small tractors like my 53 farmall cub, or say a Jeep, this thing should work well. Anybody else have one?
My cousin has one, its unable to pull a 1/2 ton pickup up the ramps onto a car haul trailer.

I have a 3500# on my trailer powered from a lawnmower battery. I've easily pulled 6000# non-running tractors on my trailer with it, using a snatch block of course.
PXL_20240510_010725228.jpg

My cousin has one, its unable to pull a 1/2 ton pickup up the ramps onto a car haul trailer.
Remember that a winch has the least pulling power when all the cable is on the drum. Rated pull is on the first layer.

When you get to the hardest pull loading going up onto a trailer you also have just about the least pull. A snatch block will more than double the pull as more cable is pulled off the drum.

I have the HF 12000, I've had for several years, works very well. Was thinking about changing to the braided rope from the cable, but have not investigated cost. I don't use it very often, but, its great to have it available. You'll never be sorry you spent the money imho gobble
Have a 12K HF winch on trailer, it's taken the stupid and dangerous out of multiple loading occasions. Haven't installed wireless remote
and braided rope yet. Bought everything separately cheaper than I could buy as an assembled unit. Wish there was a cable guide like a
fishing reel works to keep cable from folding over onto itself. If the cable gets crimped from a hard pull it kills cable safe working load.
Braided rope shouldn't have that problem. Buy biggest winch you can afford, FWIW,YMMV.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back