Ford 860 Hydraulic fluid leak

Put it back together, and still dripping in the same place a drop of oil per second when engine is running. Cleaned things up a bit and will try to see behind pump with a mirror after things dry off ...

Between the pump and manifold the o-rings are of square cross section. Use the correct ones, whatever it takes to get them.
The rings I got from the dealer were round. So I might need to go to a different source if square ones are required. Will re-evaluate once I know better where fluid is coming from.

Tried the baby powder dusting -- seems a little wet on the pump housing at the bolt where it is leaking. Don't see any signs of leaks externally higher up the pump itself.

1715461194337.png

I had a square cross section washer from some other kit, so I tried that:

1715461242802.png

However, when I put it back together, hydraulics would not work at all -- I suspect the square cross section o-ring was not making good enough contact for the pump to establish a suction. Put round o-ring back in, and hydraulics worked but was still dripping.

Looking at the photo above, it is possible the pump is leaking internally and oil is running down the bolt hole?

The other possiblity is the round o-rings are not making a good enough seal. However it seems they fit well and you can see two photos up the protrude a good bit above the housing, so seems they should be making good contact.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back