Ford 851 - Adding a hydraulic Dearborn snow plow...How does the piping work?

Fargo

A quick question on remote hydraulics.

I own 2 Ford 851’s. One has a huge heavy 8.5’ custom plow on the front that has two lines coming out of the top of the trans case. It gets fluid through the relief valve ONLY when I max out the 3pt hitch and has a set of spool valves for raise lower/angle..

My other 851 has the (Ford I guess) squarish single spool valve sitting on top of the case with nothing plugged into the ports. I wish to purchase the Dearborn Blade Snow Plow & Model 19-80 Frame series and run the front Piston off this spool valve.

Here is the question: Is this setup independent of the 3pt OR does it run off the relief valve 3pt like my other tractor? When the hitch is down or ANY position, if I move the spool lever I hear a strain so to the novice mechanic like me it sounds independent but that could just be something else I don't understand.

Many thanks to the Board here. You are very good to an aging man.

Our snow plow on our 641 works independent of the 3 point. They are run by the same hydraulic system , so one might have priority over the other. I have the installation guide somewhere. I’ll look. Here are a few photos it have…

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpeg
    IMG_1285.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1247.jpeg
    IMG_1247.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Our snow plow on our 641 works independent of the 3 point. They are run by the same hydraulic system , so one might have priority over the other. I have the installation guide somewhere. I’ll look. Here are a few photos it have…
One more photo…

Attachments

• IMG_9808.jpeg
    IMG_9808.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30

Thank you Sir!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back