Ford 3000 with Westendorf Loader For Sale (Thoughts?)

lkell93

Hi All,

I'm still on the search for a loader tractor (light-duty loader work, gravel, box blade, rototilling, dragging logs, etc.) and a gentleman about 2 hours away from me connected with me regarding a Ford 3000 he'll be listing for sale very soon. It's the gas 3 cylinder version with a Westendorf loader. The owner said the hour meter had 1,700 hours on it and that he replaced it not long ago an its currently showing 40 hours on the clock. I'm not sure yet if this is the 8-speed or the 6-speed version, but should know soon.

Visually, the tractor seems to be in slightly above average condition (from others I've seen), with good rubber all around. I know that these 3000's didn't have a very heavy-duty front-end on them, so heavy loader work can take its toll on the axle and steering components. What I'm more interested in, is knowing how long these 3-cylinder gas engines can last (obviously much of that depends on good maintenance). Also given the clutch is likely original, that is a consideration that comes to mind as well. Other than smoking, what would be good to look for/listen for on this engine (and clutch/transmission) to get an idea of their general condition?

And then, the million dollar question, what do you all think a fair value of something like this is worth in the current market (mid-west USA)?

Attachments

• 3000 1.JPG
    3000 1.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 3000 2.JPG
    3000 2.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 3000 3.JPG
    3000 3.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 62
I like to do internal engine checks with compression gauge, vacuum gauge, and the tractor's own oil pressure gauge with it starting cold. Given proper maintenance 1700 hours is not a lot, unless you are looking to put it to work for twenty hours a week.

Hi All,

I'm still on the search for a loader tractor (light-duty loader work, gravel, box blade, rototilling, dragging logs, etc.) and a gentleman about 2 hours away from me connected with me regarding a Ford 3000 he'll be listing for sale very soon. It's the gas 3 cylinder version with a Westendorf loader. The owner said the hour meter had 1,700 hours on it and that he replaced it not long ago an its currently showing 40 hours on the clock. I'm not sure yet if this is the 8-speed or the 6-speed version, but should know soon.

Visually, the tractor seems to be in slightly above average condition (from others I've seen), with good rubber all around. I know that these 3000's didn't have a very heavy-duty front-end on them, so heavy loader work can take its toll on the axle and steering components. What I'm more interested in, is knowing how long these 3-cylinder gas engines can last (obviously much of that depends on good maintenance). Also given the clutch is likely original, that is a consideration that comes to mind as well. Other than smoking, what would be good to look for/listen for on this engine (and clutch/transmission) to get an idea of their general condition?

And then, the million dollar question, what do you all think a fair value of something like this is worth in the current market (mid-west USA)?
The Westendorf is quick-tach, so it can come off easily when not needed... much better than the older type. Assuming the tin is original, that one can't be a 6 speed, as those weren't available until mid '68, with the later style hood and grill... so 4 speed,8 speed, or Select-O-Speed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back