fill cracks in tractor tires

Anybody have a magic potent for this tire? This was how I got it 17 years ago. Still holding air. I always decided that I wouldn't take it our on a road trip as I'd hate to stuck on the road with a flat tire. I got a used Goodyear tire that will go on one side but I need to find another used one to match.

View attachment 71625View attachment 71626
I have a JD model N poop slinger that still has the original tires, cracked all over but hold air with a leak down rate comparable to some new tires. I had to quit using it last year as one of the links on the ladder chain broke causing a cross brace to punch through the floor and tear up a good part of the chain. With it fairly full of horse poop I decided to retire it rather than attempt a considerable repair.

I have sometimes looked at nice looking used singles for sale. The problem is of course to find the mate. For what you can save on a single you could buy two and double your chances of finding the mate.
The one I got was a freebie. A friend had one go bad and he replaced both of his so since they were about 2/3rds worn and I got his good one as we had same size rims. The tractor tire place he uses has a whole bunch of useable tradeins out back but when I checked 3 years ago they didn't have one that matched. I just need to go back and check again or check some other tractor tire dealers.

Bead sealer, never tried it .
I intend to try it on the inside and old tubeless 8 inch tire that leaks on the shredder chipper , probably won’t get to it for awhile

Tried Flex Seal, looked OK but did not last. After a few months, it just peeled off. A large tractor tire can cost well over $3,000, and in my case I have 4 with over 90% thread but very weathered. Just trying to prolong spending over $10,000.
The damage is done. Nothing you can put on the tires is going to reverse the process or make them last any longer. All it will do is make them look better. Checking is just a stage of the curing process, which is a chemical reaction and irreversible.

If you put a value on your time, the best way to save money here is to quit wasting your time slathering your tires with expensive (or even cheap) paints, potions, chemicals and concoctions.

Weather checked tires usually last a VERY long time. They just look bad. On the inside they are usually like new still. Unless you can see tube, don't worry about them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back