Decal Placement for UB Special

Baelee05

I dropped my UB Special off at the painters yesterday after spending most of the winter tinkering with mechanical things. Can someone provide a definitive illustration of where the decals are to be placed? Looking at pictures on the internet it appears everyone has their own idea of where the UB and the Special should go on the side panels. I would really like to get this right. Thank you.

Will vary if gas diesel or lp. My diesel is same as in this picture except would have diesel on tank. MM on back of seat.

Attachments

• ub special.jpg
    ub special.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 56 utsd sp.JPG
    56 utsd sp.JPG
    937.5 KB · Views: 35
Mine is a gas. Judging from this picture it looks like the Minneapolis Moline goes kind of over the manifold, with the UB in front of that and then the Special on the fro of the panel. I think maybe there is an MM that goes on the gas tank?

Mine is a gas. Judging from this picture it looks like the Minneapolis Moline goes kind of over the manifold, with the UB in front of that and then the Special on the fro of the panel. I think maybe there is an MM that goes on the gas tank?
Don't think MM on tank. Have to check on an original.

Attachments

• PICT0108.JPG
    PICT0108.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 24
No MM on the fuel tank. That was stopped several years earlier, defiantly before the UB special.
Okay, this is good information. So, nothing on the tank or does something else go on the tank? Does the rest of it look close?

Here are a couple pictures I've collected off the net over the years. I believe this is the correct placement for the left side, except for the MM on the fuel tank as noted above.
MM 3.jpg
MM 3a.jpg

On the other side, the "UB" and "Special" decals should be closest to the radiator, but in the same order as shown here. In other words, it should read the same on both sides.

Last edited:
Okay, this is good information. So, nothing on the tank or does something else go on the tank? Does the rest of it look close?
Checked my original UTSD Special. Doesn't even say Special Has "diesel" on tank. None of mine have power steering. Think there is decal for it and is at bottom front. Many of decal kits have way to many decals. Books shows 10r273 decal set. 10A5530 diesel not included in set. 10A7628 special decal not included in set.

Rich is right I am pretty sure. I think the power steering on lower front panel that molinegb is talking about came out on the 5star, I could be wrong.
If you go to the MMCI web site somewhere on there is a chart for the right decal placement for all MM tractors.
MMDEL

I agree MMDEL, I remember seeing them on the 335 445 and 5 Stars but don't remember any on the UB special, unless.... lol

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back