Case 450 runs 45min then won’t push.

Loganruss34

New User
I have a 70’ Case 450. It will run 45 minutes then will not want to move at all. After about an hour or so it will start pushing again. Push like heck once it does. What should I start looking for. Thanks in advance!

do your brakes work with the foot peddle if so it is your master brake cylinder that is NOT vented and as the brake fluid get hot it expands and will release your clutches had this problem on every 450 i ever had just drill a very small hole in the cap and all will be good

Bought a 1967 Case 450 at a local auction March 27th, 2024. Each day it started fine; but would not move forward or reverse for several minutes (while shifting from forward to reverse and so forth). After it would start moving, it did a lot of work! After 5 times of using; the dozer stopped in the middle of a push. It actually rolled backwards down the hill. Shifting from forward to reverse in a cycle no longer got it moving! I had already cleaned the suction line filter and had found four pieces of rubber one inch or larger. So, I checked the suction line filter again and it was clean. I pulled the hose running along the motor to the suction line filter and found that it had collapsed inside: it actually rolled back the inner layer into itself towards the suction line filter (and the pattern matched the debris I had pulled from the filter). I then replaced the hose, but dozer would still not move. I crawled under the dozer and checked the metal line running from the other side of the suction line filter to the transmission. There is a small rubber hose, about 5 inches, that connects that metal line to the connection on the transmission. It had collapsed and was blocking fluid movement: and without fluid movement there was no dozer movement. I replaced it: and it was difficult to get the new hose on because those two connections do not line up on my Case 450. I had to use a tie down to pull the metal line from the suction line filter, down to line up enough to get the hose on. There will always be pressure exerted by that steel line, trying to return to it’s offset position to the connection on the transmission. Over time, the last hose warped and then collapsed. So, I added a rigid support to prevent that. Due to the pressure, with the two collapsed hoses; the rubber hose from the engine to the pressure gauge had sprung a significant leak. So, I repaired that line and topped off the transmission fluid. The dozer did a lot of work this evening: as it has over the last few days (had it for less than a month). Now however, there are no more down times where the dozer refused to move!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back