CASE 310 Dozer loader question

NewToCase

New User
Hello, I just purchased a case 310 dozer loader and was wondering what oils i need to use to do an oil change.
Trans oil?
Final drive oil?
Engine oil?
Where are the drain plugs on these? also, What year is this? where can i find the serial and how can i tell the year?
3nf3k73l55Y55T05W2a9s3d0e668035801129.jpg

oil for the transaxle is gl-1 90wt. mineral oil. do not use the newer type gear lubes as it really screws up the steering bands.As for the engine any good multi-wt. i use 15w40 in my 320 which is the industrial version of the 310.The serial number plate on mine is on the right hand arm rest but as it is a 1957 model yours might be different. I can't tell the age but it looks alot like mine,which is the first year as a case prior to that they were built by american tractor co.

Thank you, where are the drain plugs located? any tips on this machien? can you turn sharp with your without the tracks coming off?

There are two drain plugs one on transmission and one on differential. There is a level plug on the transmission and the filler plug for the differential on the left side of the unit. This unit is the same unit that the OC-3 olivers use.If your having trouble with it throwing the track on turns the lower track rollers are worn and/or track tension is to lose. These machines don't turn as sharp as others because it has differential steering it has bands on the differential so it slows one side of differential to make it turn but one good thing it's always has power to both tracks. I hope this helps because these are a good little machine.

As for engine oil 10w30 or 10w40 are ok I just use 15w40 because thats what I use in my farm tractors.Also mine is gas.As for capacities fuel-10 gal,cooling system-10 qt.,transmission-8 qt,final drive 5 pt,crankcase 5.5 qt,oilfilter 1 pt,&air cleaner cup 1 pt.If you have any more questions I'll be here.

Thank you, I found that the track issus i had was just me being dumb, I ran the thing all weekend moving sand and dident have a problem once. I used 1540 when i added some oil this weekend, I am gonna do my fluid changes soon as I have time to get to the store.

I did find that my generator is not charging though, so i will have to look at that.

Does your start well in cold weather, the guy told me that it always started great for him.. I bought it to keep my driveway open this year.

yes it always starts in cold weather but mine has street pads so it has trouble getting around so I don't use it in the winter.I move snow with my 8600 ford and snow blower.Also mine has an alternator not a generator.

Interesting, i wonder what year they switched to alternator, Mine is also positive ground. I have not seen one with street pads. Thats pretty neat. Are the street pads still good off road?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back