Can t get JD 2355 hydraulic pump cushion to stay centere

I ve eaten up 2 new cushions
I replaced the old one years ago, no problem
And it just bit the dust
I can reach the bolts from the bottom
And rotate the plate 90 degrees no problem
But after I have replaced everything and all is centered
After a short while the cushion shifts all the way over to one side and gets eaten up.
I even tried RTVing it into place
And it still shifted.
I looked at the teeth of the plates
And they looked fine
I could look at them closer to see if maybe they might have a slight bevel that might be pushing the cushion over toward the other plate
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Hello CW4 welcome to YT! No experience with one of
those machines. All I can tell you is to double check
the drive tabs on 2 & 4 in the linked post you first
replied to. How square those are obviously is a factor
for how well it will drive and the longevity. What sets
the distance the driving and driven parts are from each
other? If they are getting to far apart then the life of
the cushion will be greatly decreased.
Post with diagram

The drive plates should be snug to the cushion when installed. With everything assembled, loosen the bolts that clamp the front drive shaft to the hyd pump shaft and slide the drive shaft and plate
rearward to bring the plates closer together. Check the condition of the drive plates carefully as they commonly develop wear patterns.

Roger on checking the tabs on the engine plate for wear. Think I ll see if I can get any decent shots with my phone.
Good idea of trying to adjust the Hyd pump plate and shaft a little further aft.
I got some black polyurethane calk and am thinking of filling in the back hollow portions of the cushion tabs so the cushion won t slip so far over the hyd pump plate teeth so it doesn t engage the engine plate.
I m hoping my hyd pump isn t starting to go and maybe getting harder to turn which might be why all of a sudden it s eating cushions.
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back