Belarus 500A pushing coolant

Darrell90

New User
Hello. I have a Belarus 500A tractor with its 2nd fresh inframe rebuild in 20hrs. When I got the tractor it was pushing coolant after a fresh inframe. I just bought a kit and did it again do to some qc on the previous cylinder liners being out of spec. Got 4 new Ones and they are all in spec to the tech manual. Had the head magged and decked and it all checked out. Im at a loss what to do now. The tractor wasnt worth much to begin with but its a boat anchor without the motor. Now being that it has wet
Linears with fire rings I dont believe I could be dealing with a cracked block because combustion should be trapped between the pistons, linears and head. As of now I dont have liquids interchanging with each other no coolant in oil and vise versa. Im thinking my only possibility is a head gasket problem. Does anyone know if there are thicker head gaskets available for them?

Not familiar with that engine, but others that use wet liners have a very
specific measurement on the height the liner stands above the block deck.

Any variation from that spec and the gasket will not seal.

Did you retorque the head after the first warm up? And use the 'back the bolts
off just enough to feel it move' method?

Before assuming there is a gasket leak, might run a combustion leak detection
test. It's a test that samples the gasses in top of the radiator for evidence
of combustion gasses. Proof there is or isn't a leak.

Should see bubbles in the coolant on a cold engine if its pushing combustion pressure into the radiator

Can you be more specific on "pushing coolant?"

Could this be a situation where you fill the radiator to the tippy-top, and as it warms the water expands and pushes out the excess? You see water on the ground, panic, refill the radiator right back up to the neck, and it immediately does it again? Lather, rinse, repeat.

If there is no expansion tank on the cooling system you can't fill the radiator all the way. You need to leave room for expansion or it will push coolant out until there is enough room.

Now if it's something else, such as the coolant just keeps coming, doesn't find a happy medium, that's a problem.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back