belarus 500 wiring

hunnter9

New User
I have a belarus 500 1990's and someone put a push button start switch to activate solenoid.They ran a wire from battery side of starter to this push button and its also feeding ampmeter off this wire. The starter relay is present but not wired at all.I am installing new 4 position switch with key for glow plugs and acc and start. My question is, do I need the starter relay? I have no clue how to wire this. The relay has 4 terminals 2 on one end marked K and the other end marked C and a symbal in the middle unknown with a terminal. It starts fine the way it is but being wired like this, I have to choke the throttle to turn the motor off and then switch the main power switch off under the seat or battery drains. Can some please tell me in a non schematic way how to wire what I have going? I was going to install switch and put the wire mention from the starter and put on start side of switch this would then let me power my glow plugs when turned left. The remaining wires I was going to put on the acc side that is powered when running. I hope this makes sense, please help.

Right off hand yes you need to shut the fuel off to stop the engine and yes you have to isolate
the battery's by use of the ground switch, factory system...they also used a switching relay to
handle the starter solenoid current ( not the starter current), and the switch you use is like a
normal diesel system. Turn the key to the right for on.. spring loaded more right to pre heat,
and wait to see the glow plug indicator turn to red.. full right to turn on the starter
interlock relay. then let the key return to on position by itself.
as for terminals.. C is connected to the starter solenoid, K is connected thru the interlock
switch(if fitted), as wire # 01 to CT of starter switch, as is wire # 09, which connected to the
interlock relay.
Plus side of the ammeter is wire # 05 and is connected thru the ground pilot light on indicator
lamp to the other end of K as # 05 to the interlock relay.
the fourth connection runs back to a ballast resistor at the wire #01 connection the coming from
the key switch. This is part of the pre heat glow indicator circuit.
note the interlock relay on the alternator has two AC connections, one of these going to be K
connected to the before mentioned 05/K on the starter relay, and the other one is PC which is
the 09 mentioned before, from the main key switch.
hope it helps you keep your stick on the ice :)

(quoted from post at 08:34:36 04/16/23) Right off hand yes you need to shut the fuel off to stop the engine and yes you have to isolate
the battery's by use of the ground switch, factory system...they also used a switching relay to
handle the starter solenoid current ( not the starter current), and the switch you use is like a
normal diesel system. Turn the key to the right for on.. spring loaded more right to pre heat,
and wait to see the glow plug indicator turn to red.. full right to turn on the starter
interlock relay. then let the key return to on position by itself.
as for terminals.. C is connected to the starter solenoid, K is connected thru the interlock
switch(if fitted), as wire # 01 to CT of starter switch, as is wire # 09, which connected to the
interlock relay.
Plus side of the ammeter is wire # 05 and is connected thru the ground pilot light on indicator
lamp to the other end of K as # 05 to the interlock relay.
the fourth connection runs back to a ballast resistor at the wire #01 connection the coming from
the key switch. This is part of the pre heat glow indicator circuit.
note the interlock relay on the alternator has two AC connections, one of these going to be K
connected to the before mentioned 05/K on the starter relay, and the other one is PC which is
the 09 mentioned before, from the main key switch.
hope it helps you keep your stick on the ice :)
mvphoto104729.jpg

I posted a pic of my relay. As you can see I changed the glow resister. I did not understand all your description.There was jumper on the positive cable to the starter so that is where they picked up voltage to the push starter. When pushed it brought voltage to the solenoid. I have the proper keyed switch and can power it up including the glow plug. Please if you can show me a sketch on how to wire this relay? I don't want to burn anything up. It starts now the way they wired it but the glow plugs wires were cut

evening: i am on the road till mon/tues and will look at the book then, if i can get a decent photo,
we should use a e-mail address to send..yours? i will write you here when i am ready to send something.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back