Barrett Jackson: 9N and '48 JD B sold Monday

Crazy Horse

Two tractors sold yesterday at the BJ auction in Scottsdale, AZ. The 9N Ford I posted about last week went for $5500. Not sure what YT'ers think of that. Some had pointed out a lot of non-original and missing parts, etc in replies. Then a '48 John Deere B rowcrop went for just over $20,000 .... someone did a nice job on that restoration. It will be interesting to see what YT'ers think of that price. Here's the link .... I think you might have to scroll down a bit on that first page to LOT 9.2 to see the John Deere.

Two tractors sold yesterday at the BJ auction in Scottsdale, AZ. The 9N Ford I posted about last week went for $5500. Not sure what YT'ers think of that. Some had pointed out a lot of non-original and missing parts, etc in replies. Then a '48 John Deere B rowcrop went for just over $20,000 .... someone did a nice job on that restoration. It will be interesting to see what YT'ers think of that price. Here's the link .... I think you might have to scroll down a bit on that first page to LOT 9.2 to see the John Deere.

I wonder who is responsible for the sale when the tractor gets home with the buyer, and the tractor is found to have a major mechanical problem? Stan

$20,000 for a B is insane even if it's completely restored inside and out. By the description it doesn't sound like much was done internally. On top of that there's nothing special about a B. It says period correct but it's got a Wico distributor on it which didn't go into production until mid '50.

Last edited:
To the person who bought it, 20K maybe to him, what $500 is to the rest of us. If I were extremely wealthy, I might pay that, just because I wanted it. After all, money is meaningless until it is spent....

B
To the person who bought it, 20K maybe to him, what $500 is to the rest of us. If I were extremely wealthy, I might pay that, just because I wanted it. After all, money is meaningless until it is spent....
Only takes two bidders that want it bad.
BJ, Mecum and some others cater to the high rollers.
Just the privilege to be there in person and to bid is not cheap either.
I do not know about consignment of vehicles but I tried to consign some automotive tin and neon signs via Mecum.
They wanted $100 entry per item with a $250 minimum commission per item. Then pay a sellers premium on what it sold for.

Somebody has way too much money and is severely short on brain cells. My tractor is one of 500 produced and is one of 100 still known to exist. Maybe I can get an outrageous bid on it. John Deeres, IH, AC , and the other major brands are like excuses, everybody has one. Just saying.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back