8n funk 6 questions.

potato

New User
I have an 8n backhoe with a flathead 6. This is my first tractor and I know very little about it. The loader has a hydraulic leak coming from inside the frame rail of the loader. My question is, is there a hose in the frame rail or does it have a built in reservoir? It looks to me that the hydraulic connections are welded in place right before the line coming from the control arms. The loader is from Davis products in Wichita KS. I believe it is close to the same age as this tractor. I can't seem to find any info about it. The attached picture is the tag on the loader. And the second pic is the tractor. I have loads of questions about this tractor, so any help will be greatly appreciated
20220805_131346.jpg
1000003170.jpg

Hello potatoe :LOL:, welcome to YT! I may be wrong but I am going to say you are asking a question about a “pieced together” tractor that no one can probably answer without seeing the machine up close or at least a photo of the leaking area. If your tractor was definitely put together at the factory as a Ford TLB then it may be more plausible for you to ask such a question. The triangular shaped part to your left as you get on the tractor as shown in the pic that supports the front loader arm is sometimes enclosed and used as a reservoir. But usually only one side or the other. After I blew up the pic a bit I saw some more detail. I gave in and took a screenshot. In the red circle below the pin the round thing is a breather and probably a cap to add hydraulic oil to that reservoir as I described above. All though you may see other backhoe tractors being talked about here on the Restoration and Repair forums it may not be the best place to post this. This forum does not have the highest viewing traffic. I can’t decide if I should direct you to the Ford 9N, 2N & 8N forum under the manufacturers section or to the Tractor & Farm Talk section which probably has the highest views of any forum on YT. There are a lot of general repair questions/topics posted there.

Attachments

• IMG_3953.jpeg
    IMG_3953.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 24
Sorry for the very delayed reply. I enedup finding the leak and rerouting the line outside the frame. Thanks for replying to my original post.

I have an 8n backhoe with a flathead 6. This is my first tractor and I know very little about it. The loader has a hydraulic leak coming from inside the frame rail of the loader. My question is, is there a hose in the frame rail or does it have a built in reservoir? It looks to me that the hydraulic connections are welded in place right before the line coming from the control arms. The loader is from Davis products in Wichita KS. I believe it is close to the same age as this tractor. I can't seem to find any info about it. The attached picture is the tag on the loader. And the second pic is the tractor. I have loads of questions about this tractor, so any help will be greatly appreciated View attachment 61087View attachment 61086
The loader frame is the reservoir. The control valve's return port dumps right into the frame, unless the valve has been changed to a different type.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back