2-85 engine swap from 750 combine

Well got myself into a project that was sold to me as a easy engine swap. I bought the tractor with a froze up engine. Which is a 354.1. It also came with a engine from a combine which is a 354.4. The front parts of the engine do not match and can't be swapped blocks are different in the front. Does any body know if the heads will swap . One block has head bolts the other has studs. Think I'll just put new sleeves in but want to know if heads could be swapped.? Thanks Steve

I don't know if this is a good comparison. Afew years ago, I bought a MF 1155 tractor with a bad engine. I bought a V8 from a 850 combine. It was totally different. The only thing I could use was the heads and block. I had to change the injection pump, manifolds, front cover, front pulley. The front pulley was a problem, One was splined, and one was on a keyed shaft. I can't remember which was which. I took the one I had to use to a machine shop and had the center machined out and an insert made to fit the engine from the combine. It was a big job, but when it was done, it was a good tractor

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back