1995 Ford 2120 - TEE for checking hydraulic pressure for clutch

So what did you come up with for a revised measurement?
I bought a test kit with 14 Tees but they were unlabeled. One worked but I don't know which one it is. TheOldHokie says, "JIC-05, 37 degree flare tube fitting, 5/16 tube, 1/2-20 UNF thread.". This is the test set I bought: UCYHINMEY Hydraulic Pressure Test Kit, 150/1500/4000/6000/10000 PSI, 5 Guages & 13 Test Couplings & 14 Tee Connectors & 5 Test Hoses, Hydraulic Pressure Guage Kit, for Excavator Construction Machinery

https://a.co/d/aO2Qz43

I bought a test kit with 14 Tees but they were unlabeled. One worked but I don't know which one it is. TheOldHokie says, "JIC-05, 37 degree flare tube fitting, 5/16 tube, 1/2-20 UNF thread.". This is the test set I bought: UCYHINMEY Hydraulic Pressure Test Kit, 150/1500/4000/6000/10000 PSI, 5 Guages & 13 Test Couplings & 14 Tee Connectors & 5 Test Hoses, Hydraulic Pressure Guage Kit, for Excavator Construction Machinery

There is no JIC-05 in that kit.
It has JIC-04 and JIC-06

Did you try and make another measurement with the calipers, and/or check the thread pitch?

Did you try and make another measurement with the calipers, and/or check the thread pitch?
After looking at the description of the kit i want to change my bet to the G1/4C adapter.

That's G thread (BSPP) with a major male thread OD of .519 and 19 TPI. BSPP is widely used on Asian tractors like his little rebadged Shibaura and I should have been thinking that early on.

A standard Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) flare fitting looks like JIC but has a 30 degree cone angle and G thread. When the thread is metric its a Komatsu fitting.

Kubota also uses G thread for their hydraulic fittings but they prefer the banjo style over flared tube.

Dan

1000002804.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at the description of the kit i want to change my bet to the G1/4C adapter.

That's G thread (BSPP) with a major male thread OD of .519 and 19 TPI. BSPP is widely used on Asian tractors like his little rebadged Shibaura and I should have been thinking that early on.

A standard Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) flare fitting looks like JIC but has a 30 degree cone angle and G thread. When the thread is metric its a Komatsu fitting.

Kubota also uses G thread for their hydraulic fittings but they prefer the banjo style over flared tube.

Dan

View attachment 71783
Good find, and I should have suspected metric all along as well. It's frustrating when you can't make the measurement yourself, and when the owner does not reply back to your request for more info. If I had that fitting in my hand, I would have immediately concluded that it wasn't JIC after I put the calipers to it and saw the .515" OD for myself.

Good find, and I should have suspected metric all along as well. It's frustrating when you can't make the measurement yourself, and when the owner does not reply back to your request for more info. If I had that fitting in my hand, I would have immediately concluded that it wasn't JIC after I put the calipers to it and saw the .515" OD for myself.
Not metric - British Standard Pipe. Should have been top of my list since I knew it was a rebadged Japanes tractor and I see it almost daily on Kubotas. I am embarrased by my missed judgement :mad:

Dan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back