Guy58

New User
Good day all, New here. I am presently restoring a 1950 Fargo pickup. I have just wired the truck and everything appears to be working fine. I kept it 6v as I wanted to restore as original as possible. My concern is other then the signal lights, there are no other fuses. I am wondering if I should install some inline fuses and where should they go? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeff

Hi:

I like the old trucks, especially when restored to original. Fuses on all lights is a good idea. A pic would be nice if you get a chance.

(quoted from post at 13:46:15 06/19/22) Good day all, New here. I am presently restoring a 1950 Fargo pickup. I have just wired the truck and everything appears to be working fine. I kept it 6v as I wanted to restore as original as possible. My concern is other then the signal lights, there are no other fuses. I am wondering if I should install some inline fuses and where should they go? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeff

Put the fuse(s) as close to the power source as possible...

For head lights I think I would prefer head light circuit breakers.
I don't know anything about 1950 Fargo but would think it would have circuit breaker built into light switch or separate someplace.
I have seen fuses on quad headlights with 8 tiny wires and 8 fuses for 12 volt system. I don't like loosing all my headlight at once.

(quoted from post at 17:28:51 06/20/22) For head lights I think I would prefer head light circuit breakers.
I don't know anything about 1950 Fargo but would think it would have circuit breaker built into light switch or separate someplace.
I have seen fuses on quad headlights with 8 tiny wires and 8 fuses for 12 volt system. I don't like loosing all my headlight at once.
Yes if I remember correctly I believe there is a circuit breaker built into the light switch...just don't seem right to me to not have a main fuse someplace..
mvphoto93590.jpg

(quoted from post at 05:20:58 06/21/22)
mvphoto93593.jpg
PCRH, here are a few pics of my truck. Been having fun with it. If all goes well hopefully it will be on the road next summer. Fairly new at this and enjoying every minute of it. Its been restored from the frame up. Box, rims, tires, are my next expense. Jeff

We had a new Dodge in 48, Red cab and black box.. Very advanced styling compared to other pickups. Thanks for the pictures.

(quoted from post at 15:44:46 06/21/22)
Hi:

Awesome looking truck. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys...I'm having fun with it. I'm sure I will be back with more questions before it's finished. Great forum and very informative. Thanks again jeff

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back