1950 8n Hood Dog Leg Panel Hardware

RTR

How does the lower part of the hood dog leg (side panel) fasten? What does it fasten to? They were not attached when I got the tractor and now that I have disassembled it and ready to put back together I'm trying to get everything together and assembled before I paint the sheetmetal.

What do I need and how does it go together?

(quoted from post at 18:40:41 09/19/23) How does the lower part of the hood dog leg (side panel) fasten? What does it fasten to? They were not attached when I got the tractor and now that I have disassembled it and ready to put back together I'm trying to get everything together and assembled before I paint the sheetmetal.

a bolt goes thru the hole in the large recess near the bottom. that bolt goes thru a hole in the radiator support.

mvphoto109971.jpg

(quoted from post at 15:40:41 09/19/23) How does the lower part of the hood dog leg (side panel) fasten? What does it fasten to? They were not attached when I got the tractor and now that I have disassembled it and ready to put back together I'm trying to get everything together and assembled before I paint the sheetmetal.

The dog legs bolt to the bottom of the hood. Look for holes that match up. Any bolt that goes thru the hole will work just fine. They go on the hood before the hood is installed on tractor.

That is it. Thank you. I was trying to get all hardware together and wasn t near the tractor. Couldn t remember.

The dodglegs on your 8N used the bolt kit as LINKED below. The grille used a special short shoulder bolt to allow it to pivot. These are not made anymore so have to
improvise with a stud but use caution you don't screw into the dogleg.

8N HOOD SIDE PANEL/DOGLEG BOLT KIT:
big_350782-KIT.jpg

8N GRILLE SPECIAL SHOULDER BOLT TO ALLOW PIVOT OPEARTION:
sYb3Pnhl.jpg
fCXebrdl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)
HOOD SIDE PANEL BOLT KIT

Tim,

Now I'm stumped. Where does the grille bolt go? I thought that was the same as the dog leg bolt??

The bottom of the dog legs bolt to the radiator support. They had square caged nuts spot welded to the inside of the support. Most have deteriorated and have been replaced with plain bolts,washers, and hex nut. The caged
nut made things a little easier.

(quoted from post at 19:56:02 09/21/23) The bottom of the dog legs bolt to the radiator support. They had square caged nuts spot welded to the inside of the support. Most have deteriorated and have been replaced with plain bolts,washers, and hex nut. The caged
nut made things a little easier.

But where does that hinge shoulder bolt go for the grille? My doglegs have smooth studs sticking out for the grill to be inserted on.

I think very few 8Ns with radiator shrouds and 6 blade fans were sold in Louisiana because
everyone I have ever seen(and I own two) have the 4 blade fan and no shroud.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back