Wisconsin TJD Engine

Our rural township is cleaning out a building, and we find we have a Wisconsin TJD engine. Our Town patrolman thinks it was
used years ago to run a spreader on the back of a sand/salt truck. It has been inside for many years, but I don't know what kind
of shape it is in. Likely frozen? At any rate, are these engines worth anything today, as collectibles, or for actual use?
What about parts availability? Any idea of value?

Thanks for any thoughts.

They are higher quality than what they sell today in my opinion. I have several in use including on a wood splitter and homemade utility vehicle. Parts can be had but are usually not cheap.

A real quality engine; professional quality and never were cheap. It would be a shame to junk it and they have some interest to hobbyists.

Our rural township is cleaning out a building, and we find we have a Wisconsin TJD engine. Our Town patrolman thinks it was
used years ago to run a spreader on the back of a sand/salt truck. It has been inside for many years, but I don't know what kind
of shape it is in. Likely frozen? At any rate, are these engines worth anything today, as collectibles, or for actual use?
What about parts availability? Any idea of value?

Thanks for any thoughts.
What ever was the follow up on this engine?? I bought one maybe 40 years ago someone had in yard for ART hoping it may run for $20-25 dollars. Tore it down and found a broken piston and put all the parts in a pile and saved them? I came across the parts and amazed that about everything is still around. I am thinking about seeing if I can get it to run again(Just for show) as I pretty sure a couple new pistons & rings was about all it needs, Have not shopped for parts yet but seen some available on E-bay??

Be very careful with these engines, if they have been torn down. They have oil squirters that have to be pointed perfectly, or you will spin a bearing!

Bones

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back