White 2-55 steering issue

Windymill12

New User
Working on this little tractor for my sister and its getting air into the power steering system. Theres a bleeder on top of the gear that allows air out and I bled it for a good 20 mins with no change. The oil is foaming in the tank badly also. I have taken the relief valve apart on top of the gear and all looked ok, I cleaned and reinstalled with the same results. All the suction hoses look good and it doesnt seem to have any leaks at all anywhere else. Im not sure what else to check. The steering has got better since I bled it but its foaming so much itll puke out the filler.

I have not as I didnt know if there was one. There is a 4 bolt flange where the suction line goes into the tank. Ill pull it apart and see. Thanks for the idea.

I have a 2-55 also and mine does the same thing but only when it is cold outside not in warmer weather.Mine just overflows out the filler tube.This is what I have figured out what is wrong with mine sounds like it could be your problem also.My filler plug is plastic and doesnt fit as tight as it should (it is old and getting hard) so when it is cold outside the oil is thicker sending it out the filler cap around the plug.I ended up getting a hose clamp and clamped the cap to the filler neck seems to work so far.Hope this helps.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back