Valve cover crack kubota zg23

rrman61

Valve cover is cracked on filler neck of my zero turn
kubota.dealer wants 110 bucks plus tax for the valve
cover and cap.what is good and will hold up to oil and
heat on a 23 kohler valve cover?I want to repair it from
the inside of the valve cover if possible,less likely to
leak that way.yes Im cheap but it also goes against the grain to spend money on something I can fix myself.I know accraglas gel would work but dont know if it will hold up

Keep looking. Just saw a guy replace that long neck with a cover that has the cap right on the cover, no neck. 35$.

ebay has this cover for about $30.00 includes shipping, I can't help with gluing.
Genuine Kohler Engines Kit, Oil Fill Rocker Valve Cover - 24 755 140-S

AMAZON!!!!AAMAZON!!!!MAZON!!!!AMAZON!!!!AMAZON!!!
Masnln 24-755-141-S Valve Cover Kit for KOHLER CH20 CH22 CH23 CH25 CH640 CH670 CH680 CH730 CH740 Engines
$22.99

cvphoto160482.jpg

Looked at Amazon and eBay.whats available has the filler tube on the opposite side with the fuel pump setup.if they are the same for each side it would not matter at that price I just wouldnt use the fuel pump

No risk buying from Amazon.
FREE return shipping if it doesn't work.
Research Amazon and you may find exactly what you want. I don't think my 20 hp kohler command has a vent hole in valve covers.

(quoted from post at 08:52:54 08/09/23) Looked at Amazon and eBay.whats available has the filler tube on the opposite side with the fuel pump setup.if they are the same for each side it would not matter at that price I just wouldnt use the fuel pump
ttps://www.messicks.com/rimssimage/be23b72c-86ea-4b95-aea3-5a8934940abc.jpg[/img]

This post was edited by DoubleO7 on 08/09/2023 at 06:48 am.

What cracked it? Hit it with something or just poor materials/workmanship? JB weld makes a really good plastic epoxy. I think they also have a hi-temp one too. Clean it really well with a solvent, and squirt it through the crack too. Press the JB Weld into the crack until it oozes out the other side. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back