Tuesday Rust and Tractor

Majorman

Two Bulldogs.jpgDual Bulldogs.
Thought I would post some of the ideas for more power from back in the day. The average HP in GB, on farms was around 40 to 50 HP when I started in agricultural engineering back min the late 1950's. As people wanted more power, especially on heavy land, the idea of joining two tractors together became the way to do it. Others used to just use a chain, my father and his boss ploughed many acres with a Fordson Major diesel and a Field Marshall hooked together on a plough. This picture come from Wayne in Australia where this was common for land clearance.

View attachment 2382Dual Bulldogs.
Thought I would post some of the ideas for more power from back in the day. The average HP in GB, on farms was around 40 to 50 HP when I started in agricultural engineering back min the late 1950's. As people wanted more power, especially on heavy land, the idea of joining two tractors together became the way to do it. Others used to just use a chain, my father and his boss ploughed many acres with a Fordson Major diesel and a Field Marshall hooked together on a plough. This picture come from Wayne in Australia where this was common for land clearance.
I've always been fascinated by the various duals. Thanks.

I know so little about BullDogs are they single cylinder, how much horsepower did each one of those produce. Inquiring minds formerly muleman51. Trying to get used to the new system.

I know so little about BullDogs are they single cylinder, how much horsepower did each one of those produce. Inquiring minds formerly muleman51. Trying to get used to the new system.
Single cylinder, hot bulb semi diesel, would run on anything flammable that you put in the tank including creosote. Later versions got up to 55 hp. A number of countries copied or built them on licence including France, SVF later part of Case, Italy, Hungary, also in South America and Australia.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back