Similar Threads

Jim.ME

I know you have looked at this and it has been discussed before, and you may have plans for a change in the works. I see no issue with the Similar Posts being there and yes, it is just a matter of reading the info, including the date, that is there. I was just wondering if making the background of that section a different color, like yellow, if that might separate it from the current forum posts and possibly cause some to look closer before they reopen a thread. I don't know if that would be an easy try or not, just thinking out loud.

Thanks for your efforts. I think it is working well given the major changes.

I know you have looked at this and it has been discussed before, and you may have plans for a change in the works. I see no issue with the Similar Posts being there and yes, it is just a matter of reading the info, including the date, that is there. I was just wondering if making the background of that section a different color, like yellow, if that might separate it from the current forum posts and possibly cause some to look closer before they reopen a thread. I don't know if that would be an easy try or not, just thinking out loud.

Thanks for your efforts. I think it is working well given the major changes.

Something like you mentioned, yes! Or maybe a banner heading above them.

Also a way to keep off topic type threads from being shown in the similar threads listings at all.
No matter what category they are residing in.

Those are good ideas. I like the separation like Justin did with the background of the stickies, that's helped tremendously. I'll bring it up Tuesday since Similar Threads does confuse people.

That does help.
But IMHO, it would be more better if it were much more pronounced.
A lot of people (especially in our age group) have trouble with being able to see black on a color, so we kept it fairly light gray so it wouldn't be a problem. But you're right, it's not pronounced enough. With the next update of this software, we'll have options on completely different color palettes that people can select. That will make it easier to make that sort of highlighting more pronounced.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back