Shout out to Bern

bob p mn

Hey Bern, I was looking at an old thread about a 5000 getting coolant in the oil. You replied about a liquid epoxy type sealer poured into the block to seal up rust through out the bottom of the water jacket, I was wondering what the product was you used. My machinist has a block in now out of a 5610 that he uncovered a hole about 3/8'' up from the bottom of the bore as he was boring for a sleeve and is concerned about rust out the bottom. Saw your post and thought this may be an option. Thanks Bob.

Hey Bern, I was looking at an old thread about a 5000 getting coolant in the oil. You replied about a liquid epoxy type sealer poured into the block to seal up rust through out the bottom of the water jacket, I was wondering what the product was you used. My machinist has a block in now out of a 5610 that he uncovered a hole about 3/8'' up from the bottom of the bore as he was boring for a sleeve and is concerned about rust out the bottom. Saw your post and thought this may be an option. Thanks Bob.
Here you go: https://www.moroso.com/engine-block-filler35570/

Don't be afraid to put in an inch or so. As you can tell from the the pictures below, Ford greatly reduced the length of the water jackets on the newer Genesis blocks. The first pic is the style of block you have, the second pic is the Genesis style. Also note the internal tie bar to eliminate cavitation in the first place.

401.jpg
456.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Bern if you would have the time I would appreciate it if you would give me a call to discuss this in more detail. my number is two 18 310 1341 thank you, Bob

Thanks for the call Bern, and the info on those blocks. I think we can proceed with much more confidence now. Thanks again, Bob.

Bern Is one very valuable asset to this place... He has forgot more then alot of us will know on these tractors.. Ive contacted him multiple times for help on different projects.. im sure he wonders about some of us at times... But He has yet to steer me wrong..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back