Replace clutch pedal

More on the saga of the 640 (we think) and the broken clutch pedal.
I was going to repair the broken clutch pedal this am. Pulled the running board off. And crap. Looks like I'd have split the tractor to remove the clutch release shaft just to remove the pedal.
Looked in my repair manual, not covered, looked on youtube, not covered.
Don't really want to split the tractor , so am I missing something?
Can't see anyway to remove the lever on the end of the shaft that works the left brake.
How is that lever attached to the shaft?

Any suggestions?

mvphoto111553.jpg

This post was edited by Michaels Dad on 11/13/2023 at 07:59 am.

One other way to can check the throw out shaft is to undo the plate on the bottom of the transmission. There will be 4-
1/4 bolts that hold it on. It could be that the pin to the throwout bearing carrier sheared & so it feels like you have
no pedal. Personally, I have not pulled the shaft out of a 641. It sounds like you are going to be spitting the tractor
though. Below( if it worked) is a link to the parts url from New Holland. Good luck.
Untitled URL Link

Holy cow, how'd I miss that. Looks like it's pretty simple to remove it and then remove the pedal.
Sure would give me a better shot at welding the pedal back up.
Probably going to use some angle iron to weld a "splint" on.
Thanks for the catch.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back