Moving a tractor

gheise

New User
How do I get an early 60’s Ford with a Select-O-Speed transmission to roll? It is not running and I need to load it on a trailer. I have tried to push it in gear, in neutral, park, clutch in, clutch out. All it does is rock back and forth. What am I doing wrong?

How do I get an early 60’s Ford with a Select-O-Speed transmission to roll? It is not running and I need to load it on a trailer. I have tried to push it in gear, in neutral, park, clutch in, clutch out. All it does is rock back and forth. What am I doing wrong?
Behind your left foot when sitting on the tractor, there is a strap/lever that is the driveline disconect. It has a nut in the strap, BE SURE TO BLOCK THE WHEELS SO IT CAN'T ROLL!!!! Remove nut, flip the strap over and move the strap the other direction, this moves a sliding collar inside the case to let the tractor freely roll. REMEMBER PARK WILL NOT WORK UNTILL THIS PROCEDURE IS PUT BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL POSITION!!!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back