Harryaroo

I finally got around to looking at my MH 333 with the clutch that doesn't work. Taking off the plate on the bell housing I found the bell housing stuffed with mouse nest. When the clutch pedal is depressed I can see motion towards the front of the tractor (excuse my ignorance-- some metal things move towards the front but disc doesn't budge) but things seem to be stuck. What is the best/easiest way to free this up? I'm working on getting mouse construction material removed...

Clean everything out and it should be apparent if there is an issue. The clutch disc itself moves very little back and forth when properly adjusted.

Ben

As Centash said, very little movement in the disc. Actually, the disc doesn't really move at all if the engine's not spinning - the pressure plate just give it room to move, so it can slide just enough to slip. Chances are mouse urine has seized the friction disc to the flywheel and/or pressure plate - hopefully it still slides on the splines ok. Old way of freeing was to block the clutch pedal down, then have someone tow you around for a while in gear while you hammer on/off the brakes. Disconnect the coil wire and shut off the fuel so your engine's not running and you don't flood out your top end and wash down the cylinder walls. Make sure you have good oil in the engine because it'll be spinning/freewheeling. Could take the plugs out and spray some lube down in the cylinders if you felt like it, and leave the plugs out while being towed so the engine rolls over easier.

Actually, I don't know what I'm thinking. That wouldn't work for your case with the clutch not disengaging. Maybe block the clutch down and carefully try and wedge/pry the friction disc off whichever surface it's stuck to.

Does the 333 have a separate bellhousing, with a clutch shaft going to the transmission? If so, it wouldn't be all that hard to block up the engine and pull it apart and clean the clutch and pressure plate, and put it back together. Better than having to split it. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back