Massey Harris 55 Western pictures

You will have fun restoring that one. Not hard to find parts for it either. Did a mechanical restoration on a 55 western last winter.

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpeg
    IMG_1879.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1877.jpeg
    IMG_1877.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
Awesome...that's great to hear....I would love to get it going mechanically and use it on the farm for a bit then get it all shiny....I'm not sure ....and maybe you guys in the know could shed some light but it has the arched front axle like a wheatland or riceland...but not the hand clutch.....and has a regular KS serial number....maybe it was just codgered together with what ever someone had....but kinda curious just the same....looking forward to sharing with everyone my adventures with this old timer....

Awesome...that's great to hear....I would love to get it going mechanically and use it on the farm for a bit then get it all shiny....I'm not sure ....and maybe you guys in the know could shed some light but it has the arched front axle like a wheatland or riceland...but not the hand clutch.....and has a regular KS serial number....maybe it was just codgered together with what ever someone had....but kinda curious just the same....looking forward to sharing with everyone my adventures with this old timer....
That is how to tell the western model is by the arched front axle.

I could be wrong but I think you could get the western model without the hand clutch. Much smarter people on this forum than myself will know for sure.

According to the print in the brochure pictures above, both the Riceland and Western models had the arched front axle, and either could get had with a foot or hand clutch, in the 555 series. No mention of a 55 Riceland....

Ben

According to the print in the brochure pictures above, both the Riceland and Western models had the arched front axle, and either could get had with a foot or hand clutch, in the 555 series. No mention of a 55 Riceland....

Ben
Thanks for that Ben. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a 55 western with a foot clutch. Just don’t remember where.

Yes this one is gas...foot clutch...step down platform...and the 26 inch rubber....but the rims on mine are home built or modified....they did a good job on them though.....and it has a hydraulic pump driven from the crankshaft that some one added.....would like to put the original hydraulic system on it but I'm sure that's scarce as hens teeth....but it ain't gotta be done in a day so I'll keep nosing around for pieces....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back