Kohler K181s Overhaul

Leescart

New User
New to the forum. No mechanic by any means. I picked up a vintage golfcart with a Kohler K181S. It was running but quit coming up a hill. I was thinking about putting a different motor in but from what I have read, these are good motors. I will need to rewire everything. Any suggestions on a rebuild kit. In the end I just want something reliable. Any suggestions are appreciated

Unless the engine "blew up" when it quit I would suggest figuring out what caused it to quit, lack of fuel to the engine or failed spark, and fixing the problem and getting it up and running and put a little use on it and evaluating the condition of the engine a little more before committing to an "overhaul".

You can download the Operator's and Service Manuals fo FREE at www kohlerengines.com, in .pdf format. You will have to drill down though a few menus to get there.

I think a Kohler dealer will still be able to get most parts, ($$$), or there's lots of aftermarket parts for Kohler on ebay and Amazon.

Guess overhaul was the wrong word. Preventative Maintenance is a better word. Thanks for the feedback

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back