Kirk-NJ

Went to a yard sale yesterday and the guy had a Kioti LB1914 out back. He said it's been sitting for 3 yrs. Going to need Both rear tires cause they are flat and cracked, CalC leaked out. The engine is not locked up. Has 3pt. What is the Value as is? Owner said I could throw a battery in and start it up if I want but we know how that goes, as soon as it starts the price goes up. Assuming I do thrown a battery in and it runs what would be the value then. Would be able to run, operate the 3pt and loader but not drive cause of tires. I'm an old ford tractor guy so No nothing about these tractors Thanks,Kirk

<a href="https://imgur.com/YKfwHRT">
YKfwHRTl.jpg" title="source: imgur.com"
</a>

<a href="https://imgur.com/yvg6dP9">
yvg6dP9l.jpg" title="source: imgur.com"
</a>

<a href="https://imgur.com/6fMNozc">
6fMNozcl.jpg" title="source: imgur.com"
</a>

According to Tractor data website, it could be anywhere from 10 to 20 years old. Do you have a Kioti dealer nearby for parts and service support? If your are ready to sample something newer and slightly smaller than the vintage Fords, I would search out a compact diesel with hydrostat transmission. The control and finesse of a hydrostat is amazing after using the old Fords. For a loader tractor, a hydrostat is a bonus. I would pass on the tractor you found with it sitting for three years and the rear tires needing replacement and the other unknowns from it in its current non running condition.

Years ago, the Bobcat dealer in a nearby town added Kioti and later Bobcat (Kioti built???) tractors to his lineup. Gut feel on that is that BC must have figured they wouldn't tarnish the BC reputation so "I guess" they passed the test on do you want to buy one.

GO FOR IT!!!!!! Everybody needs another project. Look it over for cracks in housings where the water in the oil??? might have frozen and cracked something. Did you check dip sticks, looking for milky oil which indicates water? Offer a grand and watch his expression. Is there a dealer close by?

Bill

I had until last month a Bobcat CT 235 compact which is a Kioti with different paint and a few other small changes. Not a bad little tractor for the money, but Bobcat dumped their tractor line a few years back due to Kioti reliability issues including parts support and engineering flaws.

Look it over good Kirk. The Kioti assembly plant is about 100 miles away. I know a good dealer in the shadow of the plant. Some of the early models had loader issues. They were not heavy enough. I have owned a DK 55 since 2005. It has been pretty good. Send me an email of pm on the other site.

Local Bobcat dealer sold them. I was told that the amount of profit from a Kioti was not high enough because of competition, so Bobcat dropped them to concentrate more on their own namesake money maker.

It looks great sitting right where it is....FIL has a newer one. He works on the thing more than it works - always something wrong with it. Parts support in this area is nil - there were several dealers 10-12 years ago, now NONE. If the thing will start up and run with a new battery, then WHY has it been sitting for three years? RUN WHILE YOU CAN!

It has been sitting there outside unused for three years?
The tires went down after sitting there for so long.
There is a bigger reason as to why it has sat there then the tires going down.

Would not try to start it even with new battery until someone checks for mouse nests under the hood and inside the exhaust pipes. Long time sitting outside. A tractor sitting outside 3 yr , exposed to elements could have a locked up engine.

2X. It will be safest to assume it needed some major work when parked, the obvious fixes will just get it back to the condition it was in three years ago when it was parked. If it is operable it would have been sold long ago.

(quoted from post at 14:03:29 10/07/18) They have a good rating. Sales or close to Mahindra.

My Mahindra has a Daedong engine, (Daedong makes Kioti). Been very good so far. Tractor body is by TYM.

Unless you are prepared to completely tear the tractor apart down to the last nut and bolt, do a complete rebuild from the ground up no matter the cost, RUN! You might get lucky and find out there is very little wrong with it. The again..........................................My luck never seems to run that way............................

Tell him you will charge HIM $500 to haul it away.

My wife said I can get it to flip it but it can stay here long. I don't even have my firewood in yet so I think I'm going to pass on it.

Thanks for your input guys. I was going to pick it up to flip it. I have way to many projects away so I think I'm going to pass on it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back