JD plow company school house bell #4 St. Louis

Bubba H

Does anyone know anything about JD school house bells? It is marked John Deere Plow Company #4 on the front and St Louis Mo on the back. It is a 20 inch bell. What color should it be or should I leave it rusted? Here is a photo
c2886.jpg

did you paint the letters. i'd leave it alone. never repaint any antique such as this. tractors and things that are a dime a dozen i can see, but one of a kind items, as you may have, are far and few between and painting them only takes the value away from it. be careful how you display this piece and move it around. hope you have a rare thing.

Just chalk. It supposedly came from a old school house torn down years ago near Tunica Ms. I wonder if the larger schoolhouse size bells were made in fewer numbers? Here is another photo:
c2887.jpg

thats a relief. sorry i can't help you at all. post a message on johnny popper forum and see if any body over there can help. i'll send a copy of this to a guy who collects wreches and he's prettysharp on them. he might can help here.

Thanks John. Are you the John that lives near OxR? I am the guy with the styled model L that lives near Ryland. If so, we have talked at a few shows. I have not been to many shows since my Dad died 3 years ago however. Kinda lost interest until I came across this bell this week. Thanks for the help, Bubba.

a friend of mine has a similar large bell however it does not have a town on it but it does say John Deere...he called Deere and they said they had NO record of ever making it...2 weeks later they called back and said they DID...but didn't know when ore how many...If anyone could shed light on this ...Thanks Charles

Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is even still available. But, would anyone know what to do or call if you know someone who may have one? There's not much information online about any history. Any info would be 👍

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back