JD 300 loader on a 2030

neutrino

New User
I ve been looking for a loader for the new-to-me JD 2030a nice 1973 with shuttle shift 8sp, foot throttle, double stack of rear wheel weights, fuel solenoid (stops with key) and a brand new ROPS/canopy. It has fittings on the hyd proportioning valve and filter housing that would power the loader without giving up my rear remotes. I haul from where we hay to where we live/raise livestock, so this is my ticket to going to small rounds (i.e., loader tractor on both ends.my other one is a Ford 3930 4WD with 7310 loader).

I have a chance to pick up a loader off a parts JD 300 for $500. The tractor itself is a sad storysomeone stole the 3ph assembly right off the top of the transmission! Any rate, it s a couple hours away and I need to uninstall it for this price. It s whole, needing some very doable bucket repair, rubber lines and one has to figure one or more cylinders/bushings/etc will have issues. I do like that it s a beefy loader carried on the rear axle, even if it s not a quick detach like my Ford.

I know the 300 is an industrial 1020, which is a 3cyl to my 4, and I have a longer wheelbase.TractorData.com says it has a "7300" loader, which the rest of the internet seems oblivious to. It looks like it will fit in terms of the front and rear brackets bolting up to my machine, but width and length of the main crossmembers would be impractical to change so it has to match. I haven t measured yetI can arrange that with some effort but thought I d just askAnyone know if it ll work?? If not, what loader models am I looking for?

Yes, the 300 used the model 7300 industrial loader. You likely could make it fit, but I don't know the amount of modification and fabrication you would need to do. There is quite a difference in strength of front axle components between the 300 and a 2030, which could lead to front end trouble with your 2030.

The 145 Farm Loader is a common loader used on 2030s. We have a couple, and they will handle all the tractor should. Does your 2030 have the side plate bolted on to add support along the sides of the engine. The loader mounts for the 145 attaches to those. You will want those plates in either case.

146, 47 are a couple of the other JD farm loaders that will fit. The 148 will fit but is not in the manual as recommended by JD. In every case, having the correct mounts is a key. I'm sure Tx Jim and others will be able to add more.

It should fit provided the front mounts match your tractor. You might want to make sure you study how it is plumbed into the 300 (hydraulics) and get those fittings with the loader.

Loader hyd circuit can be attached to 2030 very similar to ag loader. Tee into hyd's for pressure at "green T" & return oil to hyd posted filter cover. As stated mounting frames will mount fine when extended to correct length for 4 cylinder engine tractor. There are 2 different part # for ported hyd filter cover & L55982 is the cheaper part #.
mvphoto108632.png

mvphoto108633.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 08/17/2023 at 08:26 am.

(quoted from post at 08:23:10 08/17/23) Loader hyd circuit can be attached to 2030 very similar to ag loader. Tee into hyd's for pressure at "green T" & return oil to hyd posted filter cover. As stated mounting frames will mount fine when extended to correct length for 4 cylinder engine tractor. There are 2 different part # for ported hyd filter cover & L55982 is the cheaper part #.

Hi Tx Jim, thanks for the response. As stated (maybe not well!) I already have the hydraulic supply port on the proportioning valve (under the right floorboard) and a ported hydraulic filter cover for the return. I'm guessing it was a loader tractor at some point but not sure. Regarding the mounting frame from the 300 (what I called "crossmembers")...are you saying I'd have to extend these for the 2030? If that's the case then I'm probably not going to pursue this...I don't have the fabrication skills or welder for that heavy of steel, and if I hire it out it will easily exceed the value of the loader...

This post was edited by neutrino on 08/17/2023 at 01:35 pm.

Hi Jim, my 2030 has the heavy wide front end...I know there was a lighter duty version. Just looking at the both of them, it looks like mine is heavier than the 300. I don't have the engine side plates...I know that would be very important for a loader that's carried on the engine stressed member, but the 300 loader is carried on the rear axle unlike the ag loaders I've seen. Does that make a difference?

I guess I just need to measure the distance from my front mounts to the rear axle...as I replied to Jim.TX I will just bail on this if the 300 frames aren't a fit as-is.

Length of green line would be correct length for tractor with 3 cyl engine. Loader frame will require lengthening to mount on a tractor with 4 cyl engine. I think front mounting support will not fit on tractor with side frames but my knowledge of JD industrial tractors is limited.
mvphoto108653.png

In looking at that front mount more closely in the parts catalog and finding a couple pictures the front mount bracket has a step in it and two bolts to fit where the front end of a side plate would bolt to the front support. It looks like there is a ''plug'' on the back side of the front loader frame mount that will go into the large hole in the front support just ahead of the step for the side plates. Rear axle to that large hole in the front support on both tractors would need to be the same for fitting without having to extend the frames, as you pointed out.

I apologize, side plates are not used with the 7300 loader.

(quoted from post at 17:13:06 08/17/23)
Length of green line would be correct length for tractor with 3 cyl engine. Loader frame will require lengthening to mount on a tractor with 4 cyl engine. I think front mounting support will not fit on tractor with side frames but my knowledge of JD industrial tractors is limited.
mvphoto108653.png

Thank you gentlemen! Yes there are not side frames in the 300, and the front mount does have the contour to match the small frame step there on the tractor.

I will have some measurements taken and see what s possible. When I verify I ll report backit may still be worth fabricating an extension considering the cost of a decent 145/146 and the fact I can t find one anywhere near me.

Did you buy this loader? If not, please PM me. I bought a JD 300 industrial that someone took the loader off of to use as a mower. Id love to put the loader back on it. (In N KY)

But often, if someone replies to your thread you get an email notification :)
That is what I was hoping for.
Also, nice to meet you. You post a lot of valuable information. Thank-you for that. I have learned from reading some of your posts.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back