Good Morning All,
A quick look at the ID (when I was getting it) showed a 45, I need to see if there is more to it. Looking online I don't see a NH 45. (I was told it was a NH) Can anyone help ID this?
Thanks

Attachments

• BALER.jpeg
    BALER.jpeg
    957.1 KB · Views: 25
Good Morning All,
A quick look at the ID (when I was getting it) showed a 45, I need to see if there is more to it. Looking online I don't see a NH 45. (I was told it was a NH) Can anyone help ID this?
Thanks
McCormick (International) 45 baler? Pre-New Holland

McCormick (International) 45 baler? Pre-New Holland
I think it is a McCormick B45, small Suare baler. I have been researching on my computer as I work... Built between 52-58. Everything is the same as mine except the guard above the collector, it has the same guard (to keep the hay down) as a 55... but that could have been added.

I think the B 45 meant British built. 55 made a bigger bale 16"X18" instead of 14"X18". I don't know if the 55 came in twine tie. We had a 46 twine as a kid. It was a pretty good baler in it's day. I remember a lot of people said the 45 had "problems, they were junk". Never was around one. Neighbor had a big old NH with an engine on it that he pulled with a Farmall M. Dad had him bale before he got the 46. Later brother had a 47, not a bad baler. I bought a new 430 all-twine in 1976, it was a great baler, had the wider clean sweep pickup of the later models....James

I assumed the "B" because everything I am seeing is referring to a B45, I have seen several videos where the Guys who were talking were obviously British so that could be a good statement. Does anyone know if there is a 45 and a B45? I can't imagine the Baler was shipped to the states... I don't know the history of it, My brother called me and told me his neighbor had a piece of farm equipment in his yard and wanted to know if I was interested, (His neighbor collects scrap metal), My brother has worked construction all his life but did not know what a baler was so I told him to send me a PIC, as soon as I saw it I told him yes, Grabbed my keys and drove over to get it. I paid him $200 for it and he says the farmer that gave it to him says it works fine. It only had one tire that was dry rotted, but I towed it with my truck about 30 miles to my farm and it rolled fine. I have a 2020 JD 4052, and my whole farm is on a side hill so I wanted a small baler... and I like anything old, usually easy to work on and fis and my farm is more of a Hobby for me anyway. If I were a big production farm I would need bigger equipment, ut I am excited to get it cleaned up and do some TLC to see how good it works.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back